GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Welcome home, Steve and Mrs. Steve! I agree with the prior statement that you're right in the middle of the worst temps of the summer. From here on out, you'll enjoy the temps in a few weeks time.

In the meantime, I think ALL of you guys and gals should come up to Payson this coming weekend (Aug 3) for our 3rd Annual Food Truck Festival! Bring cash as not all vendors accept plastic money. A word to the wise, these are NOT the roach coaches of your past. These are fine dining experiences on a blue collar budget...

Live music all day during the event, 11am-9pm. Ride home in the dark of the night on a smooth, 4 lane divided highway all the way to Mesa.

See all of you this Saturday!

- David

Here's the link: https://www.paysonrimcountry.com/foodtruckfest

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Welcome home, Steve and Mrs. Steve! I agree with the prior statement that you're right in the middle of the worst temps of the summer. From here on out, you'll enjoy the temps in a few weeks time.

In the meantime, I think ALL of you guys and gals should come up to Payson this coming weekend (Aug 3) for our 3rd Annual Food Truck Festival! Bring cash as not all vendors accept plastic money. A word to the wise, these are NOT the roach coaches of your past. These are fine dining experiences on a blue collar budget...

Live music all day during the event, 11am-9pm. Ride home in the dark of the night on a smooth, 4 lane divided highway all the way to Mesa.

See all of you this Saturday!

- David

Here's the link: https://www.paysonrimcountry.com/foodtruckfest
I had that on my calendar (in my mind) to check that out and hope to meet you as well. Unfortunately, that page just got rip out by SWMBO because of yet ANOTHER family function! :frown2:

And...I turn right at Fountain Hills (so will you, Steve...) Mesa is too far out of the way! :grin2:

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You'll love all the trails to ride. Honda has the new Talon 1000 but the Polaris RZR is still the most popular. Some of the turbos will take your breath away.
I think I'll stay with the 5-seater Pioneer. I'm 65 now, and while I can enjoy a turbo anything, I'm just looking to see the back country and not blow past it. The Honda's have the DCT with paddle shifters, and that means no belt :wink2: It's gonna be a while until I can get one.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You guys live on the hot side of town. I'm in Fountain Hills and my pool is a cool 87degs.:smile2:
When we were looking for a place, my wife's favorite was Fountain Hills! Just couldn't find anything there that we could agree on. Beautiful area for sure.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
When we were looking for a place, my wife's favorite was Fountain Hills! Just couldn't find anything there that we could agree on. Beautiful area for sure.

I moved out here from Chicago in 1982. Been living in Fountain Hills since 1984. I'm one of the old guys in town. There were only 8000 people when I moved in here. Still not retired though. Couple of more years to go.:frown2:

Reactions: Arizona16

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Some people like living in an effluent area.
“Affluent” is an adjective while “effluent” is a noun.

“Affluent” means wealthy and prosper while effluent means liquid wastage or sewage.

Today's vocabulary lesson brought to you by

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

“Affluent” means wealthy and prosper while effluent means liquid wastage or sewage.

And, there's a lot of affluent people spreading a bunch effluent out there. :wink2:

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Well, um yeah, I was well aware of that, just a feeble attempt at some humor.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Man, the poor guy's only been here a couple of months and all that midwest humidity in his brain has leeched out due to our desert lifestyle. Guess we better get used to his "dry" sense of humor...

j/k

- David

21 - 34 of 34 Posts