GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 37+ years at same job, I retired on December 28. I am 2 months shy of 62. Life is great. Hope to be able to do lots more riding next summer. harry

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Harry,
Welcome to the R & R club, I joined 2 years ago. That's Retired and Riding for those not in the know yet. :lol:

My wife asked me the other day if I was getting bored and I said "Yes, sometimes, but if I sit still long enough it passes". :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a good club to belong to. I've been retired for 49 days, 47 years old for 42 days. Have not been bored yet just cold at times. Enjoy Richard

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Dang, that reminds me, I need to go get some Lottery tickets.
I'll join y'all if things go right. Now where am I going to store all
20 Motorcycles?

Herb

W

·
0 Posts
I also cut back driving medical van for our veterans since Jan.1.
I'll be driving two days a week and can't wait for spring.

One thing I found being off so much is I spend more money, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats & welcome! I've been on the retirement plan for 3 years.

Just received my new military ID today, since I turned 60. Going back tomorrow for my wife's ID & to see about Tri-Care.

First thing to do on retirement: Put all your watches away. Only wear one for dressing up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Retirement

Welcome to the free side of life. I got to take an early out at fifty-five with a bonus to leave. I said thank you and good by. Worked part time for six months to find a replacement then took the wife out for four weeks and seven thousand miles. That was five years ago and still average twelve thousand a year between part time projects. I Love it, so will you. Tom

·
Registered
559 Posts
1310 days until I join you. But who is counting????? :eek:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Congratulations - it is AWESOME not to remember which day of the week it is!
Been on that R & R program for seven years.

Now I wonder how I ever found time to work (BTW, work is a four letter word)

But I do know what day it is - Its always Saturday. Weekends are seven Saturdays long. Long range planning is lunch. Never think further than yesterday, today, or tomorrow.

If I had known it was going to be this nice, I would have retired at 20.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Harry,
We have a lot in common
Dark Red 2006 wing
Retried 12/31/2006
62 in February

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeez, just reread my original post and realized I am 2 months shy of 61, not 62. Typo or senior moment? Not real sure. Maybe I should go back to work, being so young. NOT!!!! Thanks guys, I am staying retired even though only 60 at moment. Harry

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
me 2

I tossed in the towel at age 60 , will be 3 years ago this June.
I just turned 63, still have a few rental properties to tend to, but that don't take much work. I play with my streetrods, or ride my wing, or
go to the gym, always something to do.
:)

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
RETIREMENT is everything you have heard! I was able to retire fulltime on 1/1/2003 and it is everything that it is cracked up to be!

Do it as soon as you can. Life is too short to work all the time.

When I was thinking of retirement I had to make a serious decision, do I work another 3 years to have 30 years in or just take an early retirement and go out with 27 years. Needless to say...I took the early retirement at age 55 and have never regretted it for one minute.

Ride on!!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Retired two years ago at age 50, now I work at Starbucks for fun.

Mike

B

·
0 Posts
Harry said:
After 37+ years at same job
You'd think after 37+ years, you'd have finished that job Harry. :lol:

Best wishes young feller. You can now officially use my avatar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts