GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the Retract-a-Trike. It seems to offer me the type of help I need with my short legs and old body.

Jud Barber

·
Registered
379 Posts
My father has the Retract-A-Trike on his GL1500.

What can I tell you about it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
At Indy Dealer Expo they were there today. Remember they are switch operated, for use at low speeds only. Lights, Stop signs. Parking lots. The company has been around for a number of years and comitted to their product. At hight way speeds your bike handles as it does now and the wheels tuck out of the way for the curves.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Retract-A-Trike

No direct experience with this product, but did have a "Landing Gear" many years ago, same general principle/operation. Very nice (expensive) powered, wheeled center stand. When wheels are down and moving, steers like a trike (no countersteering), just as soon as wheels come up and clear the ground, it's back to countersteering....if converting going straight on level pavement, not a problem, on sloping pavement........can be quite tricky - to say the least! IMHO, hold out for a trike (based on experience with similar product).....
Charlie

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
There is a guy in the GWRRA chapter that Pshivers belongs to that has one. I rode with him last year and it worked great. He would simply flip the switch when coming to a stop and they retracted when he pulled away. Never put his feet down. Not my style but it worked very well for him.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Dear Judson,

I am a dealer/installer for this product. Give me a call at 440-257-9423 and we will talk. Also, this product is about 1/2 the price of a trike conversion but has all the benefits of the trike as well as retaining the fun of the lean in curves. Looking to hear from anyone interested.

Thanks

Dave Russell
I still remember the first time when I saw this picture.

I thought WOW, if this fellow can ride a two wheeler, then maybe I could as well. Having never ridden on two wheels, except many years ago when they first came out with the Mope Heads, I rode my buddies around the ball field, (I think he is still mad at me for what happened when I stopped), I sure would like to try it.

While I love my Trike, it seems like it would be a thrill to give this a go. Looks like another great option for those that just want to ride anyway then can.
Hey Dave, any chance I can ride up and give one a go? :eek:4: :bow::22yikes:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Man that's awesome.
Anybody know who that person is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts