GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall I traded my 05 Wing in on a 2010 Can Am Spyder, just traded it in on a new 09 Wing, pick it up Fri. The Spyder just wasn't my thing, not to mention a lousy seat and poor shocks! Glad to be returning to the Wing!:lol: Will have to post a new pic. that's my 05!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome back, Now your convinced. There's nothing like a WING. Those cam ams just doesn't look like any fun. :agree:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome home, Hoov. I recall when you got your Spyder last fall. You will love your new Wing and you know it!

G

·
welcome back

Welcome back to wingworld. I tried a Silverwing & it just didn't cut it - back to GW last month.

:congrats:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Glad you saw the light :cool: OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome back! :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,382 Posts
:congrats:nothing like a new wing

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have done it twice. In 2004 I traded my 01 wing for a Ultra Classic I spent about $6k more trying to get the performance up to the wings standards and after 18 months I traded the harley for an 06 wing. I 2010 my knees went south on me so I decided to go with a trike. I traded teh 06 for a stallion. It was the worst trade I have ever made. I hated it. I would have been better off buying a convertible. After a few months I had almost quit riding (driving if it is a stallion) altogether. My wife said either sell it or trade for something that will be used. Two weeks ago I got an '10 motor trike conversion. LIFE IS GOOD.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not too bad of a hit to the pocket book, obviously got a good deal on the 09 and the Spyder being only a year old hadn't depreciated too bad. It could have been worse! Not enough changes to the 2012 Wing to make it worth the extra $.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing. I came real close to getting a Spyder after my Wing was totaled. Test rode the RT twice. If the dealer had been a little faster in making up her mind how much she was going to charge me I would probably be riding one now. Saw the Cross Country and the rest is history. But I still think the Wing is one fine machine !! Good luck and Happy Riding !!!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Welcome back to motorcycling!

·
Registered
166 Posts
welcome back the wing ownership. I strayed away for a year to another brand but once we towed our trailer on a trip it was back the the wing.
I don't think anybody can disagree that the wing is a fine touring machine. Others use the term "touring" but it's only a term.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bless You my friend, all is forgiven, welcome back:bow:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts