GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rivco Air Horns

I had them on my GL1500 and they were great, especially since they have the dual tone and two stage compressor that make them really effective.You want to get attention these are the ones.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Air horns are neat, they WILL get peoples attention, do you need them? Do we NEED all the chrome we put on our bikes? The 1800 horns are way better than the old 1500 horns. Up to you, Rivco makes a good product.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Rivco air horns aren't but a tiny bit louder than the stockers, believe me. You want some horns, think about train horns!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
whiskey31 said:
I thinking about putting air horns on my 05 does anyone have these or will be awast of money.
I had Rivcos on my V Star and they are good but I agree with mr.b that they may only be slightly louder than stock.

mr.b said:
Rivco air horns aren't but a tiny bit louder than the stockers, believe me. You want some horns, think about train horns!!
My brother has train horns on his Freightliner. Those things are so loud you will nearly lose control of your bladder :shock:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hello All, I installed two of these on each engine guard.
And stock horns remain functional. Most bang/buck.
( Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone) $70.00 + brackets.
galewing

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
try the larger harley dealers, they have about 8 different choices at my local one

some of them will take off paint , they are so loud

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have the rivco air horns on my VTX great horn and loud compared to the X's stock horn. That being said the GW horn is loud enough and wouldn't recomend them for the GW, as mentioned above if you want a loud horn for the GW get train horns, they are bad to the bone. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Todd Graham said:
My brother has train horns on his Freightliner. Those things are so loud you will nearly lose control of your bladder :shock:
I happened upon one of the parades at Americade back in 98 or 99.

There was a MC with a single train horn mounted on the front of it. Looked stupid but Holy cow, the folks in front of him were scurrying to get as far away as possible, and he'd scare the crap out of the whole crowd.

He had a big grin, that's for sure.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Asthetics aside (air horns are ugly) they require minor maintenance and can fail if dirt or water is directed into the horn. My 1500's horns were woefully inadequate, but I'm satisfied with the stock 1800 horns. Startling other motorists can cause them to react unpredictably, which is another factor to consider in making your decision.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I want some train horns... they sound great and i cant stop giggleing..... video google has a short film of some youngsters driving around past some shops....HOOOOOOT the looks and jumps they get.....at the end they get pulled over by a trafic cop ... he checks around their car as he gets to the front .... HOOOOOT the video stops there....

infact... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... horn&hl=en

Nigel Fenton

1 - 11 of 11 Posts