GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pushed the reverse button and nothing happened. The reverse will not engage and the light flickers on and off. The reverse light now flickers on and off while riding and the cruise control will not work. This is the first trouble of any kind on this bike. 2005- 20,000 miles.

·
Vendor
22,503 Posts
Since both the cruise and reverse are not working then my guess is you have a problem in the right handlebar, possibly a pinched wire in the harness tunnel, or else the cruise/reverse control module itself has a fault.

Since this is a 2005 model, I would suggest you take it to the dealer and let them find the problem and fix it under warranty.

But before you do, it wouldn't hurt to check every single fuse in the fuse box and make sure it is pushed in all the way. Sometimes they aren't seated properly at the factory. Put a finger on each one and push on it to make sure it is firmly seated.

The common elements to the cruise/reverse circuits are:

harness in right handlebar and/or switches on the handlebar
several fuses (10, 19, 23, 11)
cruise/reverse control module
G1 ground

Since you are having failures of both systems, I would probably look at these items first.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I had this same problem, and I caused it myself, because while looking for a solution to a different problem I pulled and checked all fuses one by one, but I put the one for the cruise and rev. in the wrong slot. there was an empty slot right next to this fuse and I placed in there by mistake. You might consider that as a possibility.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sal

Fred what was the problem I am having the same problem

·
Vendor
22,503 Posts
In case they don't answer real quick, it might be because they forgot. Just wanted to be sure you realized that problem was 7+ years ago.
Yea, this one was back in 2006. I really don't recall what the fix was, or if it was ever even reported back to me by the owner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.