GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I have a 2006 and my reverse button sticks a little and does not always engage. Then if it is pushed in, sometimes it sticks in and it wont pop out? I have to flick it a few times and it will eventually come out.

Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to fix this? I dont want to spray anything in there without know if I would damage anything.

Thanks so much

Loren

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
This may sound nuts, but this happened to me recently, both with my reverse switch AND my cruise control on/off switch.

A year or so ago, I was on a trip and needed to use my hazard lights. Pushed in the button and it stayed in. Worked and worked the button and finally it popped back out. I had a small can of PB Blaster with me. I decided to try it on the switch. I put the little red straw thing on the can and gently squirted a little into the switch around the edge. Started working the switch and in a minute or so, it was working fine. It'e been working fine ever since.

So when my cruise control and reverse switch acted up, I did the same thing. A little PB Blaster and presto. All is well. Works perfect and has been for a bout 6 weeks now. While I was at it, I did the same thing to my CB volume, channel and squelch controls too.

So help me, PB Blaster works. And it works well. I now keep this little 4oz bottle in the bike all the time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reverse button sticking

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I am sure I will be able to fix it!

Have a great week!

See you at Wing Ding in a couple weeks!!

Loren

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
If you are stuck with the button in, try pressing it almost all the way in and release. Give it a few tries with depth until it comes out.

The reverse button needs to be accessed directly with spray. From the outside it won't really get reached like it needs to be. >CLICK ME<

:fullsize:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Reverse button sticking

I Waldo
Nice pictures.

FlyBoy2121:thumbup:

If you are stuck with the button in, try pressing it almost all the way in and release. Give it a few tries with depth until it comes out.

The reverse button needs to be accessed directly with spray. From the outside it won't really get reached like it needs to be. >CLICK ME<

:fullsize:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts