1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear people,
I am fixing to purchase the reverse fan gidget from

http://www.electricfanengineering.com/index.htm

Anything you can help me with regarding the installation of such creature will be highly appreciated....I am mechanically challenged though I can still find the right size socket after less than 4 tries...

·
Registered
376 Posts
You have a PM.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You say your "mechanically challenged" pretty big job if that's true.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stan and others, thank for your input

I am interested in the plug-play system sold by electricalfanengineers.com

I will be easier for me to install something that has already been modified than to modify it myself...I am guessing!

Fox,
Sure its a big job for a mechanical-retard like myself, but I am mainstreaming myself into the ranks of normal-mechanics...because: "No child left behind" policy.......I guess you have to be a teacher to get that joke!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I did a quick look at the site but didn't see a motorcycle application. What would their product cost and is it available for the 1800?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nando,
I did mine last year. Reversing the fan is not the issue. Getting to the fans is the problem. Alot of stuff has to come off the bike. Luckily, I didn't have many parts left over :22yikes: It is an extensive job. Mine hasn't overheated yet but I haven't put it to a real hard test yet. My best advice is to bag and label all the nuts and bolts as you dissamble it. Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sean,
I talked to a guy name Roger...128 buck for each side...they do have it for the Wing...

River,
What I need from you is a step by step "Changing the Wing Fans for Dummies" and the scheme you used to find the right place for all the left over bolts....

....actually, I ain't as dumb as I sound....I took the front cowl and blew out the radiators with water and air and replace the Mother coolant with Engine Ice...it was an all day/er though...I would have never imagine that your fingers could get sore from screwing....bolt, bolts...I mean bolts...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Fan exchage

$128.00 per side isn't too bad concidering it is around $450.00 labor to reverse the fans on the bike. It is all labor. 4 - 4 1/2 hours labor two experinced guys hustling start to finish. First one took most of the day to get it done and buttoned up.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Nando and Farmer Jack;

Yer gonna pay the 128 x 2 and still have all the labor to do; right? Nando, let us know how it goes for Ya.

prs

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It 'll be while yet PIGEON,
My partner has his bike in pieces: suspension upgrade, bearing upgrade, electronic gigetry etc. we are getting our bikes ready for America.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I ordered a set of motors and blades today. Took the front off and tried reversing the blades. I wasn’t comfortable with the fan clearance and if the end breaks there goes the radiator. I had trouble with my 06 and now the 08 in Colorado last September. One of the DUMMIST things Honda has done on these bikes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nando, Didn't mean to upset you, your the one that said you were mechanically challenged. Anyway it is a big job, I done maybe 8 of these conversions. There isn't anything about this that I would call a "plug & play" it's seriously a full removal of all the front end tupperwear, then get the fan housings out to remove the fans and then mount the new fans that you must drill the housings to bolt then in, and repin the fan plugs. Then reasemble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts