GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 gl1800 and sometimes when when I put it it in reverse it does not spline correctly and I have to go back to neutral and move forward or backwards, sometimes several times, to get it to spline and work correctly.. Does anyone else have this problem. Is it the nature of the beast?

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts
The reverse gears do not mesh perfectly, and sometimes what you are describing can happen. The best one can do is too is to make sure that the cables are properly adjusted. I'd start by verifying that your adjustment barrels for the reverse cables are free and adjustable. For whatever reason, many of the adjustment barrels on the 2016 cables are seized and cannot be turned to adjust. If yours are seized, and if your Wing is still under warranty, I've heard the cables should be covered. If yours are seized, you can try freeing them by using a penetrating oil, but be very careful ... if you break one, the cable is then not warrantable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes same bike same problem. Must be in my head. Because two different dealerships say the bike is fine. Took it in at 450 miles and 1000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts