GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
No.....more info needed, does it still go into reverse, and out, does the bike work??

Most likely cables need adjusted.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm a flasher, too!

Me too..

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282350

Mine, as I recall at this point, is a 1 per second flash.

It hasn't been cold enough here for a couple of months to see the problem.

BTW, my fuel mileage has returned to normal about 40 MPG (Honda miles, of course). Must have been a winter blend summer blend issue, or the ECU being happier in warmer weather. i know I'm happier in warmer weather...

=Dave=
Rocketmoto.com

·
Vendor
22,232 Posts
Mine, as I recall at this point, is a 1 per second flash.
A slow blink rate usually indicates a malfunction with the reverse mechanism itself. It may be out of adjustment or jammed or have some other electrical problem.

A faster blink rate that occurs when the reverse switch is not engaged may mean that you have a loose connection to the reverse sense switch under the left side cover. This will also prevent you from being able to start the bike. The connection to it is under a rubber boot just above the dipstick under the right side cover. If you tighten it, be VERY careful not to tighten it too much because the stud is made of brass and it will snap right off. Just a bit more than finger tight should be sufficient.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Fred H.;3383874....A faster blink rate that occurs when the reverse switch is not engaged may mean that you have a loose connection to the reverse sense switch under the left side cover......[/QUOTE said:
Fred, isn't the switch under the right side cover?

·
Registered
7,616 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it a real fast blink rate (3 per second), or a slower 1 per second blink rate?
thanks when i start the bike put in neutral push reverse button the neutral light goes out the light come on and start a slow blink ipush the button to take out of reverse thenit goes to blinking fast i have to turn ignition switch off to get to stop thanks again

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My flashing happened again this morning. I take my last post back, it's a fast flash, 160-200 per minute. (hard to count and time, but that's the idea.) Ride it a mile or 2, turn off / turn on, goes away, bike is completely normal.

I have serviced the reverse sensor when this started, but I will check it again. If it's a mechanical thing, wouldn't it keep doing it until you fixed it? This issue reverts to normal as soon as the bike warms up a bit, and doesn't show up unless it's cooler to cold.

Bizarre... :shrug:

=Dave=

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I don't think this will solve your problem, but I had a blinking reverse light once, and it turned out that my Butler mug had twisted and was pushing in the reverse switch! Doh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts