GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently talked to an installer and he recommends NOT using reverse on a Gold Wing Trike. He said it was hard on the starter. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
167 Posts
find another installer after many months of Reading on this board and others have never heard that one. Use mine all the time other wise would have to leave it in its garage and the SO sure isn't going to push it out of a parking place JMO

I

·
0 Posts
BALONEY...Horse crap...BS..et al. :roll:

It is true that it is tempting to use reverse more frequently with a trike than it is with a two wheeler. Just use your head and only use it when necessary.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree! Find another installer! We have a Gl1800/Hannigan conversion which we had done at their factory in Murray, KY. They NEVER said anything to us about not using reverse! My husband is the driver, and he tries not to over use his reverse, but there are some situations where it would be impossible to get going any other way. I couldn't push it, that's for sure!

I've been reading this message board for over a year now, since before we got our bike triked, and I've never seen anyone mention not using reverse, no matter which conversion.

Course, this is just my opinion. Perhaps you should check with some other installers and ask that specific question.
Good luck!
Jo Anne

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
What everyone else has said - the reverse makes the trikes as easy to park as a regular Goldwing.

I'd want to know where your installer got the information.

I

·
0 Posts
yellowtrike said:
What everyone else has said - the reverse makes the trikes as easy to park as a regular Goldwing.

I'd want to know where your installer got the information.
Quote "I'd want to know where your installer got the information."

I can answer that question. He pulled it right out of his backside.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
John and all of the above are right and I am never wrong...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts