GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The switch on grip assy. will not pop back out. Am I correct in that the switch is a simple switch that should pop out even if some other part of the reverse system is stuck?

2. How do I get the bike out of reverse to get it into the shop? It should be covered by exten. Warr. and my hand and eyes aren't what they were.

You'll missed a good show this morning watching me back a big circle on frosty uneven grass. :)

garys

·
Vendor
22,503 Posts
Let it warm up a bit and see if it doesn't start to work. Many times moisture gets into the switch and freezes or the grease in the switch thickens in the cold.

To fix it properly, you will need to take it apart, clean it, and re-lube it with dielectric grease and put it back together.

·
Registered
102 Posts
REVERSE SWITCH STUCK ...

Fred H. said:
Let it warm up a bit and see if it doesn't start to work. Many times moisture gets into the switch and freezes or the grease in the switch thickens in the cold.

To fix it properly, you will need to take it apart, clean it, and re-lube it with dielectric grease and put it back together.
... another quick and dirty way to get a stuck switch like that working again is to apply some WD-40, and then work the switch.

Has worked for me (on another honda model) many hundreds of miles away from home.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fred,

Saw your procedures to fix the stucked reverse. How do you pop open the switch housing to get to the switch?

Is it 1 screw underneath and then pullup the upper halve?

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not Fred, but there are 2 screws on bottom of housing. One on each side. Once inside there is one screw that holds switch in assy.
gary

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
gas said:
Not Fred, but there are 2 screws on bottom of housing. One on each side. Once inside there is one screw that holds switch in assy.
gary
Thanks, I've been having the problem too. I figure there is dirt in there and don't use reverse anymore than I have to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.