GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a sticking reverse switch and using Fred’s DVD I attempted to repair it. Well, when I took it apart the white plastic holder that the button goes into and has the wire that goes back and forth split where the two square holes are on the left side. Now I can’t re-assemble it won’t stay together. What can be done about this, can I buy a new switch? I was looking at a parts blowup on the Bike Bandits web site and it looks like the switch is not sold separately but is part of a sub-harness. Am I screwed? HELP!

·
Registered
626 Posts
You have to buy the whole switch assembly. Is that "screwed"?

·
Registered
195 Posts
reverse switch

I'd try and figure out a way I could replace it with a toggle switch. The reverse and cruise switches are just not what they need to be. My $.02. mdh

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd try and figure out a way I could replace it with a toggle switch. The reverse and cruise switches are just not what they need to be. My $.02. mdh
I am starting to think along those lines but it might be hard to find one that fits the hole or looks decent

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
check on ebay under GL1800parts. Sometimes there are used ones off wrecked bikes and can be had much cheaper.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
880 Posts
Can you swap it with another switch (CB stuff) on the bike? That is if you don't have a CB. I haven't had to work on my 08. Just the Hog and my previous Wings.

Then you can contact people parting out wrecked units or MC junk yards, a thought. Glad it's Winter.

Don't look at Freedom, Live it.
Bobalou

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Almost every time I compare BikeBandit to HDL parts, HDL parts turns out to be less money. So if you're going to buy new... check HDL....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Kennymc, you say:
"It looks like I have to buy the whole sub harness $175.00... so yeah that's screwed!"

HDL parts - Number is 35013-MCA-000 switch $107.95

1 - 14 of 14 Posts