GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As is usual from EC, this is a quality kit. The instructions left no room for error and it took me about 15 minutes to install. It will take a little longer if you've never had the trim off your trunk and never seen the wire harness behind the liscense plate.

I have the Signal Dynamics Wig-Wag unit installed and was worried that the two wouldn't work together. My worries were unfounded and they work together fine.

This kit takes advantage of the Wings four lamps in the trunk. It uses the outer lamps and leaves the inner untouched. When installed the trunk outer lamps work in conjunction with the amber turn signals. This is a nice effect as it elevates the turn signal function and makes it easier to see.

The one drawback is that you lose a little brake light. Instead of all four trunk lights comming on with the brakes, you only get two. I don't think this will be a problem as the Wing has ample rear lighting. Additionally with the Wig-Wag operating on the inner two lights I think I will still have great visibility from the rear.

All in all this is a good kit and worth the price. Well done Lewis.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I don't know Rastoff, with all that going on with your rear lights, how's anybody gonna figure out what your light patterns are telling them? A confused cager is a Very dangerous cager.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mr.b said:
I don't know Rastoff, with all that going on with your rear lights, how's anybody gonna figure out what your light patterns are telling them? A confused cager is a Very dangerous cager.
You make a very good point, but I'd rather have a confused cager notice me than any cager not see me at all.

The Wig-Wag stays on steady after 4 seconds so I don't think it will be too confusing.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I haven't had much of a chance to ride since I installed mine,but I agree with your conclusions.
Simple install,and very effective.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just add a few more lights on the rear, and no one should miss you when you hit the brakes.

[/img]

P

·
0 Posts
Have to agree. Installation is a piece of cake and the instructions are great. Not expensive and the results are fantastic. Highly recommended.

Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts