GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you tried the new Leanometer? I can get a readout of my lean angle after every corner, plus G-forces, all for about $150. I want one. You?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Pretty cool. I probably wouldn't buy it as I see it as a neat gizmo that looks interesting and would maybe start a few conversations but nothing more that that. I have a lean indicator built into the bike with the pegs. If they touch, I've reached the max lean angle. Lots cheaper than the leanometer.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Yup that sounds like fun. In the middle of a high speed corner staring at your gauge to see how manny Gs, and how much leen you have
**** :eek:4:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yup that sounds like fun. In the middle of a high speed corner staring at your gauge to see how manny Gs, and how much leen you have
**** :eek:4:
It has a setting on it to blank out during the curve so your not tempted to look at the guage mid corner. Like any other gizmo for the bike, it comes down to the rider being a responsible and safe rider. I think this is better suited for a track where you are trying to improve your times but someone may want it to see lean angles while on the road as well, they just have to be responsible in the use of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree. What good is it? Does it change the way you would ride? I doubt it.
Why would you want to be negotiating a curve and look away to see this gadget?
This make no sense.

Just my humble opinion,

Jeff...
As per the video - it doesn't display information during the corner and it does data logging for future reference.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think this has a real good application for use at the track and some limited use on the street. This looks like a good tool to help one get to the limit of the lean angle without the pain of discovering that you went to far!:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts