GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just about have the best out of my current Bridgestone 704.

Called a local tire pimp here for a new Dunlop SP Winter Sport.

Guess What??? NOT Available !! Currently on backorder with no close availability date. They said I might find a dealer sitting on some but I went ahead with my 2nd choice of the Kumho Ecsta RF. I'll give it a try.
I pick it up tomorrow,should be on the '08 by Sat morn! Can't wait to give it a spin! :lol: :lol: :lol::excited:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: And welcome to the Darkside! Don't forget there are Darksider cookies in Wisconsin!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Whats the deal on the cookies? "Splain this to me!:lol:
Rail32, has the best cookies you'll ever eat, Darksider cookies. All you have to do to receive them is show up at his house in Wisconsin with your C/T on to collect.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Whats the deal on the cookies? "Splain this to me!:lol:
Rocket covered it, just give me a few days notice so I save ya some.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I kinda bulge out when I sit down too!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'll like the Kumho. It's a beast to mount on the rim but worth it.
A local independent shop is willing to mount it for me.

My really sweet SO is taking care of the logistics for me tomorrow. That's costing me a ribeye dinner.:thumbup:

I get to do the install on Sat AM. Then go RIDE !!!!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
A local independent shop is willing to mount it for me.

My really sweet SO is taking care of the logistics for me tomorrow. That's costing me a ribeye dinner.:thumbup:

I get to do the install on Sat AM. Then go RIDE !!!!!
Another tip you may already know, let all the air out before you go back on the bike with it. This makes it much more easier for me.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Another tip you may already know, let all the air out before you go back on the bike with it. This makes it much more easier for me.
On my 05 I never had to let air out,on my new to me 08 it sure makes it way easier to install. I believe it's the radio amp causing the greif.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I've got 14,000 on the original set and am going to go with a RF and I've settled on the same two choices. Hunzee says the Dunlop handles the tar snakes well and I like the idea of a winter tire for all around use here at home, but I'm planning to head west in a few weeks and was wondering how it handles high speeds on the Interstate. Would the Kumho perform better? Quieter?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Rail32, has the best cookies you'll ever eat, Darksider cookies. All you have to do to receive them is show up at his house in Wisconsin with your C/T on to collect.:thumbup:

Just bring Milk . . . :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the insidious Darkside - a true cult in every sense of the word!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts