GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:popcorn: How do you spell ....Petroglyphs.... ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
On July 3rd. my buddy and I did a 300 mile round trip RTE to Port Hope, MI. the get Leroy Burgers.

Took me an hour and a half to consume the burger and 1/2 gallon of ice water to wash it down.

We were the only Wingers there amid dozens of Harley riders.

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
off roadin

I took the wife and winged it across a mile of open field to a wild grape arbor I had discovered while walking the dogs near Coldwater Michigan, other than that we havent done anything to unusual..:shrug:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, I forgot about the food thing ...........:yes1:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
At my Girlfriend's insistence, we stopped at the temple of speed for over an hour.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not necessarily unique, but

visited the U.S. Air Force National Museum at Dayton, OH.

Cushman apparently was an important contributor to the war effort. They weren't showing any Hondas.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
When I was in Washington State in July, my friend took me to Bickleton to the Bluebird Inn. This is the oldest continuously operating tavern in the State of Washington.

Today, the focus is more on the restaurant part than the tavern part, but you can still get a cold one there if you want to. The burgers were great!

They also have an antique Brunswick pool table made in the 1800s that Brunswick has tried to buy back for their museum. They said they will not sell it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Heading for "Four Conners Park" in Madawaska ME on Sept. 8th.......it's probably the only one of the Four Corners that I'll ever get to, but I'm looking forward to it.......:doorag:

·
Registered
419 Posts
:popcorn: How do you spell ....Petroglyphs.... ?
On a beautiful spring day I took a day trip up to the northeast corner of Washington State and crossed into BC. I turned east on 3 and was headed up the pass toward Creston, BC when the top of the pass was closed for an hour so helicopters could drop explosive charges for avalanche control. Sitting on the bike, I had a front row seat as about 8 or 9 "bombs" were dropped onto the surrounding slopes. Snow plows cleared what snow came down on the road and soon we were off again. Very cool.

·
Registered
264 Posts
On June 3rd I left for Deadhorse Ak. 14 days and 10,000 smiles later I was back in Missouri.. I wish I had a few more days, I felt a little rushed..:eek:

Smitty

·
Registered
171 Posts
Rode down to Foley, AL to eat at Lambert's then stayed on the beach. Came back home through Pensacola Beach on highway 399. That was an impressive stretch of road.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Not this year but rode to 3 corners (MO, OK, AR) and 4 corners in the same month, however 4 corners was closed but a construction worker let us in until the park ranger showed up and had a fit because we were there and told us to leave. Took 2 more pictures and gladly left. I think she was upset because we didn't pay. Serves them right for not putting up any signs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On a beautiful spring day I took a day trip up to the northeast corner of Washington State and crossed into BC. I turned east on 3 and was headed up the pass toward Creston, BC when the top of the pass was closed for an hour so helicopters could drop explosive charges for avalanche control. Sitting on the bike, I had a front row seat as about 8 or 9 "bombs" were dropped onto the surrounding slopes. Snow plows cleared what snow came down on the road and soon we were off again. Very cool.

Now that's what I'm talking about ........:thumbup: That is unique.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
visited the U.S. Air Force National Museum at Dayton, OH.

Cushman apparently was an important contributor to the war effort. They weren't showing any Hondas.

Here is my old Cushman, restored back to original remake.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
about 4 weeks ago, we went playing in the rockies(colorado & wyoming). 2400mi- 4 days. last week we went and played with all of the harley riders in sturgis. 2300mi 5 days. good times on both rides.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I rode around Lake Superior, down the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, around Lake Erie to Burlington, ON, around the western portion of Lake Ontario, south to Niagara Falls, and back around Lake Erie. 3750 miles in 13 days with two days off.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I thought I'd try my luck with some curves... not sure how "unique" they are, but it was fun! :thumbup:

Ready to climb Passo del Stelvio:

There were just a few elevation changes...

View from the top, looking back down:

And finally, what had to look forward to going back down the other side...

·
Registered
166 Posts
now that looks like a very fun and interesting ride. nice pics

1 - 20 of 24 Posts