GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Group going to WingD from AR. and will be doing a loop to get there. We will be Coming through ALA via Decatur - Scottsbora & over to I-59,,,,,,,,, As a Group we do not want to go through Chattanooga any kinda way.. So.

Question....... what is the best "Other Way" to Tellico Plains where we will overnight... https://goo.gl/maps/VoGz1GXBFsE2 Route seems to be ok as it is not much longer but I don't know anything about that area or the roads google map picked.

Suggestions would be a great help for the riders from AR Chap E riders HS AR.
JSR

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
Try n go there via cherohala parkway great road n views

·
Registered
224 Posts
There is a mountain chain that runs to the East of I-59 limiting the number of crossings to the other side. Actually going through Chattanooga then Cleveland to Ocoee is not that bad and certainly the fastest. The route you show at Mentone over to Dalton area is a pretty good alternate to the super slab. If you have time take at look at Little River Canyon just south of Mentone and East of Ft. Payne, a beautiful curvy road along the deepest gorge East of the Mississippi. Crossing at Collinsville will put you going up the mountain on a road with several super hairpin curves and steep elevations changes and then north along Little River Canyon. More to the East of Dalton and Chatsworth is Hwy 52 aka 2, another mountain crossing with really nice roads and views. More to the North at Ocoee consider 315 a little to the East of 411 and still going to Tellico Plains. A much smaller and more fun road. Good luck as that area of North Alabama surprises many people as the roads are smooth curvy and beautiful as well as under used.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2wheelsforme Looks like an interesting route we really ought to make being that close. , a beautiful curvy road along the deepest gorge East of the Mississippi. If you have time take at look at Little River Canyon just south of Mentone and East of Ft. Payne

Please take a look at this google map and see if I got your roads mapped correctly. https://goo.gl/maps/AiA7znx7wvp

Group will be coming through Scottsbora Alabama.. Goggle map entries start at Scottsbora on to Fort Payme, to Little River Canon Falls >Summerville> Georgia >Dalton > chatsworth> oconee> jalapa and on to Tellico Plains..

Thank you for your info...

jsr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts