GL1800Riders Forums banner

Ride Like A Pro in G'boro August 6

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  09Silv.TrikeWinger 
#1 ·
Anyone from the Raleigh/Cary/Apex area going to the Ride Like A Pro class in Greensboro on August 6?

#2 ·
Not Sure About 6th

I'll be coming from the West. I'm just not sure about the 6th. I couldn't handle 6-8 hours of baking in this heat wave. If only I could predict the weather. :popcorn:

RLAP-NC also has classes scheduled for Aug. 20th, Sept 3rd and 17th.

#6 ·
I Bit the Bullet

Okay, NCPBH, I signed up for the class. I'll be there between 8:30 and 9:00 Saturday morning August 6, 2011.

Why am I taking the class?

I just picked up the new Wing last night. I LOVE the bike, but it is a full 300 pounds heavier than my 650 Suzuki Burgman! Since I have gravel at both ends of my commute, I'm feeling a bit anxious.

Can you, or anyone else, recommend a nice hotel near the Piedmont Triad International Airport? The only hotel I know of out there is the O. Henry. It's about 15 minutes away and a lovely boutique hotel, just wondered what else might be available.

#7 ·
cruise?

i live about 5 mis from PTI. there are about 12 hotels at the airport exit ( rte 68. anything from a motel 6 to a embassy suites. all are nice.

#8 ·
Since I have gravel at both ends of my commute, I'm feeling a bit anxious.

You need a wider rear tire for stability and safety. See the Darkisde Forum. :yes1:

I wonder what the instructors would tell me about the dangers of using one on an 1800? :roll:

#9 ·
Okay, NCPBH, I signed up for the class. I'll be there between 8:30 and 9:00 Saturday morning August 6, 2011.

Why am I taking the class?

I just picked up the new Wing last night. I LOVE the bike, but it is a full 300 pounds heavier than my 650 Suzuki Burgman! Since I have gravel at both ends of my commute, I'm feeling a bit anxious.

Can you, or anyone else, recommend a nice hotel near the Piedmont Triad International Airport? The only hotel I know of out there is the O. Henry. It's about 15 minutes away and a lovely boutique hotel, just wondered what else might be available.
Hey CruiseControl,
I got an email from the instructor saying we needed to be there by 8:15 to register with the class starting at 8:30 and ending at 2:30. I don't live in G'boro, so can't help with the hotel. It is only 1.5 hours from Cary, so will be riding over/back the same day. I watched about 1/2 of the DVD last night and started trying out some of the stuff they talk about. It seems to work...

I can relate to the gravel. I was up in PA the week of the 4th and was searching out mountain roads for my daughter to get her cross country training in. It gets exciting when you have a 900 lb bike riding on marbles!

See ya Saturday...
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.