GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not the tire I had in mind...But, just got offered a D-250 mounted on a rim. Its a take off from a trike build. Tire and wheel both $238.00. The shop guy said they are NEW, think he said they are off an 08 model.........Now I do have a headache!
Too much, offer him $100

·
Registered
33 Posts
You drive a hard bargain----:thumbup:
I know this ain't the place for these questions---but thanks....Some folks need all the help they can get.....Been on the phone---damn prices are high...I did work on my '84 1200 Interstate, so I guess I just as well get working on the 1800......What else could I tear up!!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That is not a hard bargin. Some people love the D-250, I have a new set in my basement now that I took off my '08. I would be glad to sell for $100 and they pay the shipping. You are buying the extra wheel.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Not the tire I had in mind...But, just got offered a D-250 mounted on a rim. Its a take off from a trike build. Tire and wheel both $238.00. The shop guy said they are NEW, think he said they are off an 08 model.........Now I do have a headache!
Wallbanger...rear rims & tires for the GL1800 for really cheap now, I recently brought a rim with a Bridgestone tire that had about 2000 miles on them for $60...there are so many rear tire & rims around now from people doing the trike thing, the price has come down alot...if you want a M/T just watch this for sale broad & the GWRRA for sale broad...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks guys---Guess I need to read more!
I didn't really need a wheel, mine is still round. HA!
Just trying to be cheep---I mean thrifty!!!!!!

Haste Maker---A guy told me there is a place, I guess close to you, called "about bikes". Do you know anything about them? Was told they have good prices on tires. Was gonna check the place in Decatur, but for me, thats a long way off.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Haste Maker---A guy told me there is a place, I guess close to you, called "about bikes". Do you know anything about them? Was told they have good prices on tires. Was gonna check the place in Decatur, but for me, thats a long way off.
The about bikers shop is about 5 miles from me, I don't know anything about the tire prices they have...when I was using M/T on the front & rear I either got them from Hal during one of his sales or from other board members, I have a all most new front Bridgestone in my shop now I got off this board for less than $70 including shipping, now that I am using a rear C/T I got it from Tire Rack, and I mount my own tires so I can't help with where to get your tires mounted...sorry

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like I said...Thanks for the help....Maybe I put to much thought into getting tires for the bike. I didn't think this much when I decided to get married again!!!!!!:eek:4:

Doing all the reading of comments, about decided on the G709/G704's. Have the E-3's now, till now didn't have any major problems. Did have the noise in turns,, but thought I would get about 12k from them. The price of tires and gas did help my driving style alot...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you are trying to get high mileage out of a tire they will cup, wear uneven and make noise. The wear bars are there to let you know to go no more. You should change tires before that. This is my own opinion but from someone who has gone down because of tires I believe you only have two and they are cheap compared to a Helicopter ride you will not remember the Trauma Unit you will not remember and if you make it that far you graduate to Intensive Care where you will ask where you are and how you got there not to mention your family having to take care of you. So is the high mileage really worth it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
:agree: The older I get - the less I heal...Been down a few times in the past, hit a couple cars, fell down being stupid.....
The "stones" have less bad comments from the posts on Hals place. The miles are a consideration, but, safety is a BIG deal.

Just got off the phone with "About Bikes" in Hayden. She priced the E-3's at 382.57 and the 709/704 set at 349.01. Thats with them doing all the work. Said they spin balance. Now I got to stop thinking and do something...

Ya'll been great help on this....Thanks.....Would like to get a ride with ya'll sometime.......

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
If you are trying to get high mileage out of a tire they will cup, wear uneven and make noise. The wear bars are there to let you know to go no more. You should change tires before that. This is my own opinion but from someone who has gone down because of tires I believe you only have two and they are cheap compared to a Helicopter ride you will not remember the Trauma Unit you will not remember and if you make it that far you graduate to Intensive Care where you will ask where you are and how you got there not to mention your family having to take care of you. So is the high mileage really worth it?
But on the positive side, Richard: You're nowhere near as grouchy as you were before you went down!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts