GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to ride on January 1st?

I have for many years except when snow prevented it. :lol:

Maybe if they would have had a snow tire for a car that I could have installed on my bike!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Road Runner said:
Anyone going to ride on January 1st?
quote]

I am...Pretty decent weather in Oregon. Comfy package is really coming in handy! Fog is a bit of an issue though.... Super thick here.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
our club is riding tomorrow, as we try to do every Jan 1. I will at least ride to breakfast with them. Cracker Barrel in Athens, AL at 9 am.

David M.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I may try to ride on New Years Day. In San Antonio it will be Sunny with a high of 63 degrees. Kind of cold but I will try to tough it out.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Hell yeah,
I rode yesterday and will ride today too, but I am a Texan. 8)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Our GWRRA Chapter is having it's 2nd Annual Picnic Ride to Simmons Park in Ruskin, Fl today. Its about 40 miles from Sarasota/Bradenton. Then we will ride to the Electric Power Plant on Tampa Bay and take a look at the Manatees. They come into the inlet and bask in the plants warm water discharge.

·
Registered
463 Posts
01 ride

Our club is heading out for our annual New Year's Ride. Temp is 26 but there is a big orange ball in the sky. Nothing like a ride and lunch with freinds to start the new year out right.

·
Registered
365 Posts
A group of us ride each New Years Day if it is not raining. This morning it is 32 deg so will need to bundle up for the 10am ride. Call it the Red Eye Run and with this mornings fog and temp will be a REAL Wake Up

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Heading for Lansing in about an hour. I can see some light colored sky to the west so it should be dry part of the way at least.

I'll see whoever shows up at the Steak and Shake in Lansing at 1:00. Its the one NW of exit 104, US96 in case you want to join in.

2,732 Posts
I will if:

I will ride today: #1 If I can get the bike out of the garage before the wife catches me leaving with it (reason: snow banks are still 4' high here) and #2: if I can get the Dancer to the end of the driveway to a clear spot on the road past our house and #3: If I can find a mile or two of asphalt not covered by ice and snow. I have made a ritual of riding on New Years Day and I won't be stopped by a little bit of snow!!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Re: I will if:

Canyon Dancer in Colorado said:
I will ride today: #1 If I can get the bike out of the garage before the wife catches me leaving with it (reason: snow banks are still 4' high here) and #2: if I can get the Dancer to the end of the driveway to a clear spot on the road past our house and #3: If I can find a mile or two of asphalt not covered by ice and snow. I have made a ritual of riding on New Years Day and I won't be stopped by a little bit of snow!!!!! :twisted:
Well #1 Did you make it? #2 Wife catch ya??

2,732 Posts
I did it!

I did my New Year's Day ride. Even took some pics but can't figure out how to post them on the board (I've tried for an hour). Now about the ride, my neighbors think I'm ready for the "looney lockup" riding with the street banked in snow, but what the heck, I did it and I don't care!! P.S. If some one knows how to post the pics, I'll e-mail them to you to post.

·
Registered
262 Posts
New Years Day Ride

Just got back I rode 40 miles today
I try to ride every New Years if I can get out
of the garage.

Not cold 40 degrees

1 - 20 of 29 Posts