1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Any idea if it will work with the '09 and newer Wings with TPMS

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
Good luck. Other than dirt bike prone to punctures I am very hesitant on any liquid gel on the inside of the tire/wheel. A gooy mess and corrosion are my concerns

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They claim it will work with TPMS. If you watch the video on their website, the material adheres to the inside of the tire only in the very center section, like a thick gel, so it is not supposed to "run" and get on the rim or in the valve. I saw a cutaway at the dealer of a tire and it looks pretty amazing. We shall see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ride-On

I have had Ride-On in my front tire for 4 months and 6000 miles. Didn't put it in the rear as I have a Kumho Run flat on the rear. Having Ride-On has given me no problems. Gives me peace of mind when I do long rides.

English Charlie

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealership is really pushing it, not that that means much since they profit from it, but they "claim" it will cause no problems. We shall see.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used Ride-On in a VTX and a Wing. I was warned by people on the VTX board that it would corrode my rims. Ride-on said it would not.

By golly, dang if it didn't. And not just a slight corrosion, it was ugly.

Not saying it will happen to you. Just saying that it happened to me.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
I have been using Ride On for years with no problems. Have had no rim corrosion and it cleans off with a hose. Have been running a TPM for the last 18 months with no problems. The are tire valve stems available that contain a filter if there is any concern about the Ride On.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I purchased enough Ride-On for two bikes since it was on sale. I put it in my VTX1800N. It will make the ride smoother and seal punctures from tiny finishing nails. If a nail is not pulled out soon it will wobble causing the puncture to enlarge. If that happens you will not be able to fix it with a rope style plug. Don't believe everything the manufacture prints. If you attempt to plug a tire with Ride-On inside, the plug will blow back out with the Ride-On acting like a lubricant :evil:.
I have been down that road before and now only carry a small Slime Compressor and rope style plugs :thumbup:. I don't want to be stranded with a tire that can't be temporally plugged when the Ride-On fails.
I have 2 big bottles that are unopened and will probably pitch them when I clean out the parts room :nojoke:.

S

·
0 Posts
Doesn't this screw up all the sand placed in the tires? Must be a giant glob of gook in there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ride on

Best of luck getting plug to hold in your tire should you get a flat, usually spits it right out, but occasionally waits till you are up to speed, not fun!:congrats:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been riding since 1984 on a 1200 Aspencade and now my current ride, 2006 GL 1800, never had a flat in all that time.
Having said this now I'll probably be getting a bunch of them. Never have used anything in the tires other than air.
I do have the dyna beads in Avons and love the silky ride.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Best of luck getting plug to hold in your tire should you get a flat, usually spits it right out, but occasionally waits till you are up to speed, not fun!:congrats:
I installed the RideOn so that I would not have to use the plugs in the first place.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
The dealer put it in my 09 Concours and said it will not harm the TPMS. the ride is absolutely great, no wobble at all at any speed and there is ZERO weights on the rim. He said if it does anything to the TPMS he would cover it under warranty, since he was the one who sold the stuff to me. I also had it put in the rear tire on my 08 wing, When I sold the bike I had about 8 or 9,000 miles on the tire and it was in great condition.

·
Registered
388 Posts
:coffee1: I've used it in a number of my bikes and never had a problem with a flat or the rims...washes off with water very easily and doesn't seem to create any problems...Sticks to the center of the tire and is evenly dispersed all around....NAPA also sells a similar colored product in a bottle that claims to be for the same purpose...

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
I purchased RideOn direct from RideOn in the motorcycle formulaiton and what a mistake! I did not get corrosion, but did get a goopy rubber booger like mess in the rims that took hot soapy water and Skotch Brite to scrub off. I did pick up a small nail and the RideOn did not seal it and the sticky rope would not bond with the treated tire. Now, I put air in my tires.

prs

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
NEver a flat on a street bike here either. Knock on wood:22yikes:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I used Ride-on or a long time till I got hard corrosive build up on the inside of my rims that I had to grind off. I used to think it helped keep the tires from losing air, but since I quit using it I can't tell any difference. Never could tell any difference in smoothness either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts