GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How may members have used Ride-On, & what does this stuff look like when the worn out tires are removed from the rims :roll: :roll: :?:
It's time for me to change my tires & I have installed Ride-On based on the advice of a friend :roll:
will I discover a "PUDDLE OF MUCK" or will my findings be "DRIED UP RIDE-ON" :?
I'm affraid to look :? :oops:
any advice will be appreciated :?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ride On

I have used it in several bikes, with no ill effects. I even use it in my son's 750 Shadow which has tubes. I have only changed 2 tires and there was none on the rim just in the tire.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05 Wing what did the GOOP look like when you pulled the tires off the rims?
was it still liquid form or dried up goop? :? :? :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used it for 35000 miles in two different tires and had no problems.It was just a clear liquid when I changed tires.Had a few small nails in the rear and never knew it and they were hard to find because the heads were gone.

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
i have used another brand but the same type of thing in about 4 different motorcycle tires, so far it has always fixed the leaks, stayed liquid and very easy to wash off with just plain water

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ride On

It was still in a semi- liquid form with a greyish looking color. Was not hard at all.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guys
thanks for all the replies, I'll be sure to tell the tech that my tiresare filled with Ride-On & it will not make your skin green & your fingers fall off :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
you know how some people are :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I used to swear by it because it plugged a huge screw...but several guys on this board claim it hurts the rim....

I may go back to it again cause I rather replace a rim periodically than get a flat hauling a$$...

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I am on my second set of tires with the stuff. The tech who removed the first set told me most of it was in the tire and stayed there. he wiped the bead of the rim with a rag and everything was fine. Telling them it's in there ic a good idea so they know to expect it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I guess I will have to try it. I lose 2-3 pounds of tire pressure weekly. If I don't ride for 3 weeks (unusual) both tires have 33 - 34 pounds of air in them.

I bet it would help or cure the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts