GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my front E-3 changed today. Got 20,000 miles on it. The last 14,000, I had Ride On tire sealant in it. The rim was in perfect condition without any signs of corrosion. Tire was down to the wear markers. :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
:yes1: :clap2: :yes: :beer3:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
10003hd said:
Had my front E-3 changed today. Got 20,000 miles on it. The last 14,000, I had Ride On tire sealant in it. The rim was in perfect condition without any signs of corrosion. Tire was down to the wear markers. :D
That speaks pretty well for the E3, but I don't understand what you're trying to tell us about the sealant, unless you just wanted us to know that it didn't cause any rim damage. Is that your point?

Stu

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Some wheels have corroded on the inside. It was initially thought that it was caused by the Ride-On tire sealant.

I think it was because of water in the compressed air.

A true service station that has the "free air" usually maintains their air compressor, draining off the condensed water from the air tank. Sometimes they even have a water collector installed in the line. They do this to protect their equipment.

A gas station that has a coin operated, compresssed air station is usually ignored. It is more like a water dispenser. Try to stay away from them!

That's why I think it is best to have your own air compressor at home. You can get an air compressor that operates on 110 volts for around $50. A storage tank is usually not part of the unit, but it still works to top off your tires. Checking your tires at your home BEFORE you leave is the best way to maintain your tires. Stepping up to the $100 price range will get you a small (1 gallon) tank that will make the task a little easier.

Sorry, I kind of got off of the track. :oops:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stu-0, I had read complaints of corrosion with Ride On,and just wanted to let those interested that I did not have any. Regards Mark

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If you watch the in store sales at WalMart you can get an upright 30 gallon compressor with accessories in the $200 range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts