GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand all the negative comments on tire sealants that have been on the market for some time, re, corrosion of the wheel, impossible to clean out, and on and on.
However, I must share my experience w/the Ride On product.
So Far, So Good:p:p:p:p
Installation was easy, tire balanced wi/a couple miles of riding. So the balance promise is working.
No punctures yet, hope I really don't need to experience this. Hope the cost of the Ride-On was a waste of money as a tire sealant!
Now, I must wait to see if the only clean up needed during the next tire change is accomplished w/a good washing w/water.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Ride On material will rinse right of the rim with a water hose. It is non-flammable and non-corrosive. It is a good product that I have used for years. If you need it you'll be glad it's in there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I understand all the negative comments on tire sealants that have been on the market for some time, re, corrosion of the wheel, impossible to clean out, and on and on.
However, I must share my experience w/the Ride On product.
So Far, So Good:p:p:p:p
Installation was easy, tire balanced wi/a couple miles of riding. So the balance promise is working.
No punctures yet, hope I really don't need to experience this. Hope the cost of the Ride-On was a waste of money as a tire sealant!
Now, I must wait to see if the only clean up needed during the next tire change is accomplished w/a good washing w/water.
I don't know if Ride-On is a good tire sealer, but it sure does murphy proof the tires :lol: (in my experience). I used it for 90k miles on my Yamaha Venture and now in my GW trike--absolutely no foreign objects have been in my tires. I probably should not have said that... :eek:4:

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if Ride-On is a good tire sealer, but it sure does murphy proof the tires :lol: (in my experience). I used it for 90k miles on my Yamaha Venture and now in my GW trike--absolutely no foreign objects have been in my tires. I probably should not have said that... :eek:4:
Not sure it would prevent "punctures" but, hopefully, would prevent air loss!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Not sure it would prevent "punctures" but, hopefully, would prevent air loss!
I had a roofing screw puncture a 2 month old tire that I had installed the correct amount of Ride-on in. The hole was less than 1/4".
The product advertisement indicates that plugs may be used if necessary along with the Ride-on.
The Ride-on did not seal the hole and when I tried to use a plug. The Ride-on just oozed around the plug making it useless.
I just carry plugs and a Slime compressor since then.
The 2009 Wings manuals warn against using any sealants or balancers inside their tires with the new pressure monitoring systems.
I still use digital gauges since I use higher pressures than Honda specs. To me, Ride-on just masks a problem like small finishing nails etc in the tire.:nojoke:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts