GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Any thoughts as to what weather conditions might be across the states in the beginning of June. Like from CA. to NY.
I know the preferred method would be to ride, but we may be faced with time constraints? Stopping to detail the bike every 500 mi's due to foul weather might eat up some valuable time.
There's a wedding taking place that will be a once in a life time experience. I owe it to the groom & groom-ette if at all possible.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Gary & Mikey
The begining of June is a great time to ride across Arizona. It's not too hot yet, and it's before our monsoon season. Now, you never know when a :rain1: will pop up, but from July to September is about guarentee'd every afternoon.

Have a great trip, however you decide to get there, and congrats to the lucky couple. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with Jim. Same kind of situation in New Mexico. Good time of the year to ride. If you do ride, allow yourself enough time to do the detailing at the end of the ride. When I ride long distances, all I worry about is keeping the wind shield and lights clean, the rest of the bike can wait until I get to my destination. By the way Panhandle Texas and Oklahoma are usally good that time of year also. I don't know about East of there as I usally head North out of OK City, OK.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Weather

In most states, that's still in the rainy season, but temp wise should be perfect for riding. 70's and 80's.

If you have time, go for it.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Great tune for a cross-country trip..

...sure, you might get some rain, but it will pass. As a norm, fronts travelling west to east usually pass through pretty fast, so even if you hit rain, it should not last. You know how it can be in the east if the moisure keeps coming up from the south. I'd plan to ride and make the most of it.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I KNOW WHERE YOUR GOING, I KNOW WHERE YOUR GOING this year it was cool and wet, almost every weekend. But most of the time it is pretty good riding weather

you know the old saying, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 min it will change :D :D :D

let us know when your coming through, we'll catch up to you

·
Registered
369 Posts
I know who they are tooooooo.....

I'm only about a half hour away from that certain Mr and soon-to-be Mrs. Maybe we can all get together for a ride. Temperature-wise should be fine, as far as rain....heck after all the reain we got this year who can say. Hope to see you then.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Gary&Mikey, my wife and I and 2 other couples plan to ride from Everett,WA. to New York ST. in June also. We will plan for some rain,considering where we are from it wont be a problem. You So. Cal.
folks might have a problem though :D Just go out and buy your first set of raingear and you'll be ok
**** :D :D
P.S. See you at Ameracade?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ride it Bro! Don't miss out, lookin out th window watchin other folks ridin & wish you were. You can worry about cleanin it up when you git there. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
54 Posts
You don't need no stinkin rain suit, just go fast and the water will stay off. When you get there I think there will be a spot in the garage where you can wash and polish all you like.. :D Maybe there's an opening next to the Crack Bike.... :p If you're real lucky we'll go together :lol: 8) :?

Now that sounds like a good trip to me. And I'm not gonna add a CB just to talk to YOU.......LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts