GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing and enjoying Fall pictures others have posted, I thought I would post some pics I took on a ride Monday through North Alabama and North Georgia.

Thanks again to All Boots No Saddle for help with the posting.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Very nice, Thanks

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You Georgia folks are pretty quick. The first 3 are from Dougherty Gap Rd and the last 2 are from Little River Canyon. I am going back Friday but I am going to take Hog Jowl Rd, I've heard it was a good road.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Towmotor, if you ride up this way again, give us a shout as maybe we can go too.

Btw, how is 281 south of Cheaha State Park? What would be the most fun road there? I like 281 nort of the Park already.

David M.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
David M., I have not ridden on 281 but I have been on 275 coming up on the rim from the South. That is a good road but with a lot of steep switchbacks and sharp curves, it is also a long road which means more fun. I am going back around the Canyon through Lookout Valley up the Scenic Dr and over the west brow and out through Trenton and Home. I plan on leaving Birmingham at about 8am Friday, if anyone can get of and wants to ride I'll enjoy the company just send me a pm and we'll figure it out.78 DEGREES

·
Registered
703 Posts
From what I could tell, you guys down south must have to stop ridin gthis time of the year to allow those leaves to blow off the rode. Here in Minnesota, we just have to wait till the snow melts off the road and we are on our way again. So what if it's -15 degrees.

Seriously, those pcitures are fantastic. I can't wait to move south.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Patriot said:
From what I could tell, you guys down south must have to stop riding this time of the year to allow those leaves to blow off the rode. Here in Minnesota, we just have to wait till the snow melts off the road and we are on our way again. So what if it's -15 degrees.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great pictures! Went to Little River, Deals Gap and then down 19 to Dahlonega in September. Great riding, beautiful country. Thanks for reminding me!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jumper5392 said:
Great pictures Richard. How's the bike doin' ?
I've got 15,000 on it now and it's doing great. Just about time to start riding south now, give Georgia and Tennessee a break.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Patriot said:
Patriot said:
From what I could tell, you guys down south must have to stop riding this time of the year to allow those leaves to blow off the rode. Here in Minnesota, we just have to wait till the snow melts off the road and we are on our way again. So what if it's -15 degrees.

Down South we use our bikes as leaf blowers, what do yall use up there?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
David M. said:
Towmotor, if you ride up this way again, give us a shout as maybe we can go too.

Btw, how is 281 south of Cheaha State Park? What would be the most fun road there? I like 281 nort of the Park already.

David M.
That road was supposed to be finished before fall but as you might guess it is still under construction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts