GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day dawned gloomy and dreary for the Something I Threw Together At The Last Minute ride; cloudy skies and cold temperatures surely would chill the heart of any intrepid explorer.

Well, any sane explorer, at any rate. And then there was us.

My brother showed up with his 1957 BMW R69 and I was there with the Herkheimer Battle Jitney. And by 1:00 pm, the published shove-off time, it was still just us. We were expecting two more people to show up but for unknown reasons they chickened out on us. (I won't reveal their names but one has a penchant for sausage-shaped snacks and the other has an uncanny ability to find gravel wherever it lies.)

So we took the back roads up to The White Rose for antique motorcycle show and swap meet. The skies were threatening but we encountered no rain. No rain, that is, until after we arrived and then the skies broke forth with cold, misty rain.

Displaying an uncanny lack of common sense, we elected to stay for the evening banquet. And let me tell you, the Chesapeake Chapter AMCA and the White Rose Motorcycle Club throw one heckuva banquet! They piled so much pit beef on my plate that I could not eat it all. (That doesn't happen often - ask anyone who knows me.)

So by the time we we ready to shove off for home it was raining harder and colder. Perfect! Throw in pitch blackness, unfamiliar roads, and a face shield in desperate need of Fog-X and we had a perfectly nerve-fraying ride home. I stayed completely warm and dry but just for good measure I downed half a bottle of a really nice 1997 vintage Sandeman upon arriving home.

So that went really well! I'll have to do this again sometime. Like maybe same time next year?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I am just having one small issue with this report........

What does sanity or common sense have to do you?

Glad you enjoyed the day and made it home safe........

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I am just having one small issue with this report........

What does sanity or common sense have to do you?

Glad you enjoyed the day and made it home safe........

Funny that was what I was thinking as well. Lee, nicely done. I see additional MAM duties developing for you in the very near future.:thumbup::eek:4:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Don't forget the pics and the ketchup.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts