GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This more of a gear review than one of the ride. Rode from Illinois to Niagara Falls, then turn right and went through Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, turned right again down through New York, Rhode island, Connecticut, then turned right again and headed home. Beautiful foliage and lots of good roads.

The bike ran flawlessly, other than the F1 light coming on once. Don't know what that was, but it didn't seem to affect anything.

Fieldsheer, Highland suit. Great! Kept me dry, and when the temps dropped into the 30's it was comfortable with the liner in. The morning it was 32 deg. I did slip the Gerbing liner in, toasty.

HJC Cool Max flip helmet. Well, it works fine, but it has got to be the noisiest helmet I have ever used.

Diadora boots proved comfortable for walking, and riding, and where waterproof.

The seat on the bike has got to get something done over the winter. Probably go the Wing Soft route first to see if that helps. I actually think the Fieldsheer suit helped in this area. I rode 900 miles the last leg of the journey coming home. Usually this leads to a few days of much pain in the butt, but it was much less intense this time. A little tweaking of the seat may have it up to snuff.

Did I mention how great this bike runs at 70-80 mph for hours on end!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Teepee, sounds like a great ride. I made a trip to Illinois in August and after one day into the trip, that stock seat really hurt!

I tried the Wingsoft mod, and at first I didn't like it, but what has been said before on the board is true. You have to give it some miles and it will break in.

Just did over 1700 miles in three days and it was great! The customer service from Wingsoft was also great. I'm glad I did it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the Wingsoft mod seems to be the least cost to start with, and most of the post are very positive. I rode over 2600 miles on this trip.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, I agree. I've heard a bunch of great reviews of the Wingsoft. It took me awhile to start to appreciate the difference, but I can say it is a HUGE improvement over the stock.

Maybe a Diamond, Hartco or whatever, but this is definately the biggest bang for the buck!

We'll be sending it back for the rear and backrest.....the SO's orders, don't ya know :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts