GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I'm back on an 1800. Pop Chance and I rode some great N.C. roads recently and were reminiscing where we first met, Benton Lees Steakhouse in Uvalda, Ga. It sits all by itself right on a river. Since it's South Ga, probably should wait till cooler temps. Huge steak, frog legs, catfish et cetera. They have a website.

Anyway, we were thinking of having another Ride to Eat there this Fall. Is there any interest?

I think we had about 20-25 the last time I was there.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't have a GoldWing but would like to attend.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I don't have a GoldWing but would like to attend.
We would love for you to attend, 2 wheels, 3 wheels all the way up to 18 wheels, run what you brung!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hey Paul !!!

You think you might make room for a Georgia transplant ????? Sure do miss riding the North Georgia Mtns. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Last time we had Ga, Fl, Sc, and Tn riders to join us. It's all about fellowship and making new friends. Plus, the food ain't bad either.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I might be able to do that, Paul. Let us know!

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Please add a Tennesseean to the list.

Eat safely.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies, guys. It will happen and when I have a date, I will post it on this forum.

Looking forward to it. :yes1:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
You think you might make room for a Georgia transplant ????? Sure do miss riding the North Georgia Mtns. :thumbup:
If all goes according to plan, we can ride up together...5 hours with stops from moi.

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Look forward to it...

If all goes according to plan, we can ride up together...5 hours with stops from moi.

I will keep you posted.
Mike, that sounds good. Looking forward to it !!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
OK, I am game.

Got a date in mind yet?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Ok, after riding my new to me trike for a couple of weeks now, I find the seat too hard. Even riding with an air cushion or sheep skin cover did not make it any better then being able to ride 1 hour before I was dancing around in my seat to find comfort.

If I can't find the right mix, this 5 hour ride for lunch will be history for moi.

Tommy, I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Ok, after riding my new to me trike for a couple of weeks now, I find the seat too hard. Even riding with an air cushion or sheep skin cover did not make it any better then being able to ride 1 hour before I was dancing around in my seat to find comfort.

If I can't find the right mix, this 5 hour ride for lunch will be history for moi.

Tommy, I will keep you posted.
Mike, I am thinking that you just need to tough it out and get use to the seat. That's what I did when I rode 9500 miles in 21 days. Other options are custom seats but there are no guarantees that you can do long rides on those either.

On another note, Hey Trialsman, what say we plan on the Sunday the 25th? If we wait too much longer the weather could be a factor.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Mike, I am thinking that you just need to tough it out and get use to the seat. That's what I did when I rode 9500 miles in 21 days. Other options are custom seats but there are no guarantees that you can do long rides on those either.

On another note, Hey Trialsman, what say we plan on the Sunday the 25th? If we wait too much longer the weather could be a factor.
The last time we went to Benton Lee's for an RTE, osduck5 and I about froze on the way back to Fontana.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts

I hear you about toughing it out. The bike came with a Mustang Seat. If I remember right, on my old V-Star, it came with a Mustang seat and was hard too.
I just remembered that the original owner has the OEM seat waiting for me to pick up. Time to make a trip there in car I think and switch it out. I did not mind my last OEM seat.

Also, according the the restaurant web site, the place is closed on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesday. Will open for private parties of 50 or more though....

Maybe the 24th?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The last time we went to Benton Lee's for an RTE, osduck5 and I about froze on the way back to Fontana.

So what are you saying Elrod? Wait till July?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I hear you about toughing it out. The bike came with a Mustang Seat. If I remember right, on my old V-Star, it came with a Mustang seat and was hard too.
I just remembered that the original owner has the OEM seat waiting for me to pick up. Time to make a trip there in car I think and switch it out. I did not mind my last OEM seat.

Also, according the the restaurant web site, the place is closed on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesday. Will open for private parties of 50 or more though....

Maybe the 24th?
I'll wait for Paul to chime in since this was his idea but I am cool with the 24th

1 - 20 of 54 Posts