GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Arkansas retirees are planning a ride into Missouri for a RTE sometime in March. Since we are retired it is more important for us to pick a good weather day rather than setting a firm date that may or may not work out due to weather. I'm posting this in the Missouri sub-forum thinking some others might want to join us.

The details as we know them for now:
Eating lunch at Bandanna's BBQ in Lebanon, Missouri
Will be riding up from Central Arkansas on two lane backroads finding as many curves as possible.
Probably up close to Gainesville, Missouri then pick up highway 95 on the way up.

From Arkansas it will be @gwhobo and myself riding up to Lebanon.

Will follow up with a firm date as the weather hopefully improves as we get closer to Spring. I will also post a link to my March spot tracker. Would be nice if we can get this in before the end of March?

Hope some of you folks can join us!! (y)

Reactions: gwhobo

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first possible good weather day is Thursday, March 5th. This is not absolute yet ... the weather forecast this time of year can change daily.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This looks to be a good route for the trip north. If anyone has suggestions for our return leg back to Arkansas let us know. Might be nice to do something different on the way back.

If we can pull out from Atkins at around 7:00 then eating time will be approximately 12 noon.

Reactions: gwhobo

·
Registered
311 Posts
If we can pull out from Atkins at around 7:00 then eating time will be approximately 12 noon.
Really looking forward to this ride!!!

I am going to have to get up earlier than I'm used to?...but @Monk has been telling me how good this place is so it should be worth it.?
..........Maybe even find some homemade pie!!!????

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is one downside that I can find in doing this in early March. We will have to keep moving pretty good to get back to the Arkansas River Valley before dark. Been there done that before! (y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the forecast this am I have some doubt about whether we will make the run to Lebanon. They have a Red Flag warning out for southern Missouri. While it would still be doable, I really don't like riding in those kind of conditions unless it is absolutely necessary. This time it is not. We can always give this another try in the coming days.

The plan today will be to ride up to the Mountain Home area, check the forecast for any changes. If it looks too bad, then highway 125 in southern Missouri will get out attention. That is not a bad backup plan! :)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We backed out. Didn’t like the red flag warning. We WILL BE DOING THIS IN THE FUTURE. And probably more than once. Stay tuned

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Keep us posted. I will try to meet you there if my schedule allows.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Will do that ... been wondering if you would chime in!! Be good to visit again(y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

@Bipeflier is it possible to ride up that way right now? Would really like to do this ride, but I don't want to get into a hornets nest either.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are planning on doing this tomorrow - Wednesday, May 6.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts