GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come join us on Saturday, April 18 in Janesville, WI for our Tire Kicking event.

It's going to be a GREAT day for a ride! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I will be there my friend:excited::excited:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,
That is great! I am looking forward to seeing you and your gang again! It will be 72 degrees in Janesville that Saturday :lol:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Our Chapter is having our annual spring event we call "Tire Kicking". It has grow over the last 15 years from 6 people attending the first event to where a couple hundred attended three years ago for our Chapter's 25th Anniversary party. Last year we had freezing rain/sleet which put a bit of a damper on the festivities, but still over 100 people showed up to watch us work.

Well, this year, the weather forecast has evolved (it said rain earlier this week) to being 71* and sunny. Sounds like riding weather to me!

So, I would like to invite you to Janesville, WI for our event this Saturday. We start working on bikes at 8am. There will be a BBQ pulled pork or Italian Beef smorgasboard lunch available at noon followed by our social at 2pm. Immediately following the social, we will be drawing a raffle ticket for a Brand New Garmin Zumo 550 GPS (I believe a few tickets are still available if you would be interested) which we purchased from www.Cyclegadgets.com from Arkansas. We do appreciate them discounting the Zumo to support our Chapter and please check with them to supply your gadget needs on your Goldwing. There will be some other raffle prizes as well, I know of a Butler mug/mount is available, I think there is some quilted item (possibly a purse) from my lovely Mrs., a set of tires for a GL1800, and several other prizes.

We will also be visited by Ken from Bunkhouse campers, showing off his latest model. Ed and Betty Denman from Country Trailers will be there answering your trailering questions and offering free inspections of your trailer. Rumor has it we may have a couple of trikes that would be available for demo rides, but that has not been confirmed from the dealer. We will also have Redell Morgan there with his tools to light up your bike. We will also offer you a full T-CLOCK inspection of your bike for FREE!

As part of our fundraising attempts for the Chapter, if you bring a new air filter, we are offering to change it for a $50 donation to the Chapter. There are a couple of slots left for that maintenance procedure. If you are interested in that, please let me know.

So, we have a lot planned for a one day event, but if you are available, come on down and enjoy the day!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
You guys are living right with the great forecast for Sat.:congrats::congrats:

I predict a huge turnout:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Rode down to your gathering. It was a good time. The food was very good. Special compliments to whoever made the barbeque. It was delicious.
Ran into a little rain on the way home.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Great turn out. Had a very good time. I agree with JDBRIDER, excellent BBQ sandwiches. Even with the little rain is was a great day to ride. Hope everyone made it home safe.

PS I still want a ride in that Chopper (helicopter).

·
Registered
38 Posts
For those of you that did not make it,You don't know what you missed, it was a great day. Food was excellent, bike services went well, (we got the air cleaner change down to 1 hour for the 1800) Curtis did not win the tires !!!!! but he will be able to find his way home.....
..... He won the Zumo 550 GPS. He will still get us lost but I guess that is the fun of not caring where you are going and when you are going to get there....

:congrats::shrug:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
I wish we could get all those people to come to the Dells breakfast ride. Lots of bikes there.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg56/WisconsinChapterA/Tire Kicking April 2009/?start=0

There are a ton of pics there!!

George, good to see you again! The Chapter does have a ride scheduled for May 9th, I am thinking we will need a good breakfast that morning. I will see how many people I can round up for the Dells Breakfast!

JD, I am sorry, I missed meeting you. In the pics, I have a blue shirt on and am seen doing air filter changes. Did you make the pics? If so, please tell me where you are so I can see ya.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a GREAT day! Thanks to all who joined us for this fun-filled day!

The Garmin Zumo was won by a local Chapter member. Thank you to all who purchased tickets.

:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts