GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is that time again!! If you are looking to put a ride together and need a destination--here ya go!! It is time for the annual RipFest Festival in Eastland. This is our a celebration of the legacy of "old Rip" the famous horny toad that lived in the Eastland county court house corner stone for 30 years. http://www.eastlandvisitor.com/oldRipHistory.html After he was discovered alive, he traveled the world, visited the president, and is in Ripleys Beleive it or Not!! He lies in state, in his tiny coffin, on display at the courthouse!!

This day long celebrations starts at 10am, with an old fashion small town parade. Vendors/booths fill our streets around the court house with all kinds of stuff to buy, including some GREAT food!! Many group of bands and dancers perform on the court house lawn throughout the day.
http://www.eastlandchamber.com/ripfest2011.html

After the parade, Bryans car/motorcycle show starts. This "show" is not a contest and cost nothing to enter. All that bring a "show piece" and put it out for display recieve a free burger lunch and often a bag of goodies!! This has turned into a great show of some of the finest classic, antique, hot rod, modified cars/trucks in the area.

2 years ago I ask Bryan if I could invite bikes to come to the show and be displayed (Bryan's dad rides a wing). He was thrilled with the idea. That 1st year about 15 bikes came-nearly all wings. Last year, the word was spread and we had over 40 bikes of all types. This year we expect a good turn out also.

Remember, this is not a contest, but a chance to show off your pride and joy and let people look at these beautys'!!!! I invite you to come out, put your bike on the show lot, watch the parade and stroll the vendors, visit with the other owners and the public. I will have people(jhughes, dan, tommyboytx, terry09, dirt devil) at the show lot, waiting for you to arrive and showing you where to park.

After lunch and the show begins to wind down, we will hop on the bikes and run the "Tail of the Toad" It is a nice, twisty(as it gets out here) hour long ride through the back roads of The area.

The evening will end at the Eastland Fire Dept -ALL YOU CAN EAT-FISH FRY!! A very worthy cause and some fantastic fried catfish!!!
http://www.ebryans.com/bryans/carShow.html

It is going to be a fun filled day !!

PM me for info
my e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looking forward to it!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You know, I have always thought people will find any excuse to throw a party, but I must say that a celebration honoring a dead horny toad tops them all!! :lol: Sounds fun!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, I have always thought people will find any excuse to throw a party, but I must say that a celebration honoring a dead horny toad tops them all!! :lol: Sounds fun!
It will be a blast!! Come on out!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
All hail Rip! All hail Rip! We're all over it Pac....
"Tail of the Toad", Fish Fry and the Bike/Car show.
Did I hear the Carhart Volleyball Team is coming this year?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All hail Rip! All hail Rip! We're all over it Pac....
"Tail of the Toad", Fish Fry and the Bike/Car show.
Did I hear the Carhart Volleyball Team is coming this year?
Sooooo, you back!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Terry09 said he is setting up his camper to show it and his wing off!! This will be fun. Bring your "rigs" and show them off!!

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
I just read the history of Rip. I do believe I will get along great with you Texans on my short visit in 27 days. Really wish that Rip fest was going on when I was coming down. A town celebrating a toad and it's survival,tore off limb, and kidnapping is my kinda of town. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just read the history of Rip. I do believe I will get along great with you Texans on my short visit in 27 days. Really wish that Rip fest was going on when I was coming down. A town celebrating a toad and it's survival,tore off limb, and kidnapping is my kinda of town. :thumbup:
We try to be a fun bunch!! Swing by if you get close, Rip will be waiting!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Ripfest

Looking forward to seeing you there.

LaQuinta was the better deal, at $75.65 vs. $99.00 at Holiday Inn Express, in case anyone is interested.

Should arrive around dark on Friday evening.

Best regards,

Jim

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mark you didn't say anything about the world famous dog show!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mark you didn't say anything about the world famous dog show!!!!!!
Your right!! Among all the happenings at RipFest is the most fun dog show you have ever seen. Pooches from all over, making their owners strutt their stuff for a prizes!!!

The 10 day forecast is looking good! This is going to be a great time and the fish fry benefits our Eastland Vol Fire dept. They need the help. Wild fires have been horrible here this year and they are still recovering from the death of firefighter Gregg Simmons on a wild land fire early in the summer!

Everyone come out for a fun day and End it with an " all you can eat" plate of gooooood catfish!! Bring your bikes, we will have special parking for you. See you there!!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm thinking about coming but I haven't decided if I should ride the wing or bring my '54 GMC Suburban to the car show.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm thinking about coming but I haven't decided if I should ride the wing or bring my '54 GMC Suburban to the car show.
decisions, decisions!!! Bring them both!!!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I stopped in at Bryan's parts store today to pick up a few things. Daniel, his son, said it looked like this was going to be the biggest and best show yet. They had lots and lots of vehicles coming to display. He also hinted that the "goody bags" given to the folks that display a vehicle is going to be "Awesome" this year. It was not shabby last year!!

Tell your friends!! Bring your bikes, its free, you get a free lunch and the best parking spot at the festival!!!! COME ON !!!!

Fish fry at the fire dept at 5:30---All you can eat!!!!

Oct 1--Eastland, Texas

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The seven day forecast looks GREAT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I may make it after all.My son has to work so if I get time to scrape some of the grass hoppers off I will be there. Heck I may come anyway!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I may make it after all.My son has to work so if I get time to scrape some of the grass hoppers off I will be there. Heck I may come anyway!!!!!!!!!
I needed to hear that!! GREAT!!!!!:yes1::yes1:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts