GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you live in the greater Knoxville area? If so....

I am putting together a trip to Washington DC for the ‘Rolling Thunder’ and ‘Ride To The Wall’ rallies this Memorial Day weekend (May 27th). The trip will last 7 to 10 days depending on the weather. This is the last time Rolling Thunder will be held, so if you have never seen it, it’s amazing the sheer number of bikes (around 500,000). If the weather holds, the trip will be extended to a place I’d like to see in Connecticut.

I’m looking for someone to go with and share a hotel room. No camping for me. My idea of roughing it is as motel with no swimming pool. All I ask is that your bike is road worthy, you keep up, and you have an easygoing personality that can roll with the punches. If more than one person wants to go, I have no problem taking a bunch.

I have a lot of experience leading multi-day rides, with over 300,000 miles on 4 Goldwings. I do have several stops planned along the routes so it’s not just pounding out the miles.

If you would like more information please call me at 865/318-0883. We can meet for lunch someplace to discuss the trip in more detail.

This ride will be very weather dependent. It rains a lot Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks
Burt

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Wish I lived closer..............Cause I'd join you!
Massachusetts is too far away........Bummer!

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can join the RFTW ride in Chattanooga on 5/21/19 at the Harley Davidson shop.

I did that once and was just not comfortable with that large a group. I much prefer to take the back roads at my own pace and just go watch the ride once I get to DC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts