GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ride to the Corduroy
Presented by
Saturday, September 24th 2011
A SCENIC ROAD TOUR THROUGH ONTARIO’S BACK COUNTRY

Start Location: 9:00 am, GP Bikes, 1100 Champlain Crt. Whitby.

Entry Fee: $20.00. Entry includes a complimentary T-shirt and Lunch.

The Route: A three hour ride to Gooderham, Ont. home of Canada`s toughest off road motorcycle race, the Corduroy Enduro. The afternoon will be a different 2 and half hour route back to GP Bikes’ Whitby location. Riders will be given a choice of four different ways to follow the route. GPS, map, written directions or follow a lead rider.
A Chase Truck and Trailer will be supplied by
GP Bikes will follow behind on the route.

Lunch Stop: While stopped for lunch at the Gooderham Community Center you will be able to watch the Enduro riders tackle the Endurocross special test course. In addition, GP Bikes will be giving out some prizes during the lunch stop. Your entry fee includes a barbequed burger or sausage and a drink for lunch on Saturday courtesy of the Gooderham Volunteer Firefighters.

Make A Weekend Out Of It! Stay over and take in more of the Enduro. On the back of this sheet are details of what is going on and information on accommodation and meals.

For more information about the ride contact Tom at GP BIKES 905-428-8983 or 1-888-546-4115 or Ron at 905-987-1456

THINGS TO DO AND SEE AT THE CORDUROY ENDURO

Guest Speaker Jeff Smith
Two time World Motorcross and 1974 Corduroy Enduro Champion Jeff Smith will be entertaining us at this year`s Saturday night dinner. In addition to being a world class motocross, trials and enduro rider Jeff was instrumental in the success of Bombardier`s Can-Am motorcycles during the seventies and eighties.
Two Days in September- The Movie
A feature length documentary film about the Corduroy Enduro, past and present will be on sale. We will have excerpts from the film plus all the footage that hit the cutting room floor playing all weekend at the Enduro start/finish area.
Spectator Locations
Directions to the best spots on Saturday and Sunday to check out the Enduro racing action will be available at the Gooderham Community Center.
Trials Demos
It is amazing to see what these riders can do with a motorcycle.
Accommodation
Free camping is permitted at the Gooderham Community Centre. Anyone wishing to camp over can put their gear in the GP Bikes Chase Truck and it will brought to Gooderham and taken back to GP Bikes the next day on Sunday.
Meals
Any riders wishing to stay for Saturday night dinner or Sunday breakfast can purchase these meals separately. Proceeds from all meals go to the Gooderham Ladies Auxiliary and the Gooderham Volunteer Fire Department.
Vintage
There will be a Vintage Bike Show & Shine. Awards will be presented at Saturday’s dinner. Bikes must be on display Saturday afternoon at the start/finish area. There are no fees to enter the Show & Shine. .
Machine Racing Tire Change Contest
There will be a tire change contest on Saturday sponsored by Machine Racing. A set of tires will be awarded to fastest Pro rider and the fastest Amateur rider. Enduro riders have to be able to keep their bikes running under tough conditions and that includes fixing flat tires on the trail without special tools or assistance. For entertainment and bragging rights riders will show off how fast they can get the job done.
For additional information about the Corduroy Enduro contact us at www.corduroyenduro.ca

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Ron am I reading this right this was yesterday.??

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Sorry Ron I went to day school and have trouble reading at night.:thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sounds good to me.

Double checking, that's Saturday September 24th, 2011? :joke:

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good to me.

Double checking, that's Saturday September 24th, 2011? :joke:
Yup. It's a ways off yet but time goes fast.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Ride to the Corduroy

Ahaaaa..., the Cord! I was a member of BEMC back in the early/mid 70's, but in the car side, with the Canadian Winter Rally. But I remember a lot of talk about the Cord back then. Nice to see that BEMC and the Cord are still alive. :congrats:

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahaaaa..., the Cord! I was a member of BEMC back in the early/mid 70's, but in the car side, with the Canadian Winter Rally. But I remember a lot of talk about the Cord back then. Nice to see that BEMC and the Cord are still alive. :congrats:

[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Very much alive it seems. Blair Sharpless, Bill's Sharpless' son, now runs the Cord with the help of many volunteers. It would be nice if we could get a few of our RTE guys together for this ride. There will be a BBQ lunch when we get to Gooderham, the start/ finish for the event.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts