GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding partner and I are planning a trip out to Utah around September. Any you guys been there a round that time frame? Any pit falls? Is it too early for snow in that country. How about the rockies in Colorado? Any snow problems there? How about KOA campgrounds? Thought we would do a little camping along the way, concerned about big old ugly bears. Anyone been there I would appreciate some info on do's and don'ts, etc. thanks.

·
Administrator
3,844 Posts
A bunch of us will be heading for Utah for the Tailwind Terrestial Tour in September. Tom Finch is the official host, but Dan Drew (MD11Pilot) is doing a lot of "cat herding" for this event.

We'll be in Cedar Valley on September 11, and sightsee our way up Highway 12 and eventually over to the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado.

It is not necessary to have a Tailwind to attend. It's only necessary to have a friendly attitude. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you all I know about a proposed itenerary.

Glen

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Just keep an eye on the weather and you should be okay, 1st couple weeks of Sept are usually nice but hold me to that. You should hit Rockies Gold before or after your Utah trip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Southern Utah (Zions, Bryce), should be good that time of year. Usually it's just starting to cool off, so you may have some brisk nights and warm days.

Depending on how far north you travel, it will cool off some, but it really depends on where you go.

I wouldn't expect you to hit anything bad as far as weather, but check road conditions (utahcommuterlink.com) and you can hopefully avoid too much construction.

Other than that - just enjoy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
A bunch of us will be heading for Utah for the Tailwind Terrestial Tour in September. Tom Finch is the official host, but Dan Drew (MD11Pilot) is doing a lot of "cat herding" for this event.
We'll be in Cedar Valley on September 11, and sightsee our way up Highway 12 and eventually over to the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado.
It is not necessary to have a Tailwind to attend. It's only necessary to have a friendly attitude. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you all I know about a proposed itenerary.
Glen
Could you send me the itinerary too; I'm doing some planning for next year. Thanks, A-E

·
Registered
281 Posts
Utah

I was in Ogden UT last week and discovered a sports bar and grill "IGGYS" WOW, they have several more in Utah if you are near a large city you might find one very impressive!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts