GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these relocation kits but I can't find them now. Supposed to move the riders foot peg 1" forward. Anyone know where to get this kit?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The only drawback with Rattlebar stuff is that you have to remove the peg re-locator whenever you want to take off the chrome plastic engine cover. At least, that was the way it was a year or so ago when I bought (and returned) mine. The same goes for their kick shifter. So, if you want to check your oil (right side) or coolant (left side) while on the road, you have a few hoops to jump through. Of course, you could do some grinding/cutting of either the re-locator bracket or your engine cover, but one has to wonder why they just don't design/make it better.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does anyone know if this design has been updated. I had been considering these relocator for the pegs but not if I have to remove them to get to the side covers. (':(')
Don

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
There's a set on ebay right now I was thinking of bidding on...but having to remove a peg to check the oil is unacceptable. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
441 Posts
dcarden4 said:
Does anyone know if this design has been updated. I had been considering these relocator for the pegs but not if I have to remove them to get to the side covers. (':(')
Don
I'm curious about this too. It doesn't look like there is anything that has changed from their picture on the website.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Rattlebars and ordered a set this morning. Barb at Rattlebars told me the design has not changed, and that you do have to remove them to remove the side covers. If they make the riding position more comfortable I can remove them a few times a year to check/change the oil and antifreeze.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought these and installed them. Yes they move the pegs about an inch forward, but that makes it hard to get your left foot up underneath the gear shift for upshifts, unless you have a tiny foot (I dont). I also did'nt like the way they looked. I removed them after the first ride. Your results may vary, I'm pretty picky. :roll:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Rattlebars peg relocation kit and the kick shift. The peg relocation alone does not prevent you from removing the chrome side covers. The kick shift on the other hand does block the left side cover. I am very happy with both products. Having come from a HD, I really missed the heel/toe shifter.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Relocate footpegs

I have the Rivco Floorboards and Shifter.. Great comfort but a bit expensive but well worth it as far as I love them... Don't need relocate kit with these and lots more leg movement... BJ

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've got the Peg Relo kit on my 1800 - I can take off the right-side chrome cover to check oil without any problem.

On the left side, it is absolutely impossible to remove the chrome cover without unbolting the peg. :(

Roy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts