GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this rider group- New Sweden BMW Riders. They have 1 of the best websites and newsletters that I've seen in a long time. The group states they are open to all makes of bikes. They do a ride in May called the NS450 (New Sweden 450 mile), 2 day event with camping and food - sounds like a good deal. Haven't been to any meetings, but considering looking them up. Check out their website and read a few of the newsletters during the cold months.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I saw this rider group- New Sweden BMW Riders. They have 1 of the best websites and newsletters that I've seen in a long time. The group states they are open to all makes of bikes. They do a ride in May called the NS450 (New Sweden 450 mile), 2 day event with camping and food - sounds like a good deal. Haven't been to any meetings, but considering looking them up. Check out their website and read a few of the newsletters during the cold months.
Tim where is New Sweden???
Jersey or Sweden?????

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their news letter states they are a South Jersey group that meets monthly at the Pic-a-lilli Inn rt 206 Shamong, NJ. The NS450 starts on Rt 70 in Cherry Hill, Nj. This area borders the Pine Barrens and Wharton State Forest

·
Registered
502 Posts
It would be really great if we can get the members from NJ to pick a time & place so we can meet and greet with each other so we know who we are talking with, I'm sure that we would have a good turnout with this. JMO.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where to have a meet and greet???

Sounds like a good idea, other members on this site have tried. The issue with NJ is where do you meet - on the river (2 choices), on the beach, in the mountains, near the cities??? Some can make it on a Saturday, others prefer a Sunday, and some like a weekday. There's no perfect time or place really. I myself don't care to organize events, BUT I do enjoy rides and do appreciate the time and efforts others put in to organize events. Might sound a little selfish, so I'm up front about it.
From Central Jersey I do many rides up along the Delaware towards High Point and Port Jarvis (about 300 miles on back roads, I also do overnight camping to West Point and ride into the lower Catskills. I've posted some of my ride reports and some of my mods I've made to the bike on this site .

·
Registered
502 Posts
I agree it's hard to get everyone on the same page. I too ride every Sunday in the summertime I go all over, since I live close to Trenton I go through New Hope PA and up 32 to 611 and all over PA as long as I'm riding im happy. Hope one day we all can get together and meet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hoping the week after Easter the weather starts warming up some. My post winter rides I usually head down toward the Pine Barrens Rt 539, 72,563, and 206. I like to hit these roads early in the season just to check things out on the bike and to hone the lack of riding skills. I grew up in Jim Thorpe, Pa, so I know the eastern Pa roads fairly well.
Yes, we should watch our schedules and do some riding together. I will keep an eye on the site, I don't use cell phones and my computer skills are limited to this site mostly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm hoping the week after Easter the weather starts warming up some. My post winter rides I usually head down toward the Pine Barrens Rt 539, 72,563, and 206. I like to hit these roads early in the season just to check things out on the bike and to hone the lack of riding skills. I grew up in Jim Thorpe, Pa, so I know the eastern Pa roads fairly well.
Yes, we should watch our schedules and do some riding together. I will keep an eye on the site, I don't use cell phones and my computer skills are limited to this site mostly.
I too love to ride to Jim Thorpe I usually stop at the old flea market off of 33 I forget the name and after that I continue onto Jim Thorpe and on the way back I stop at Hot Dog Jonneys on Rt. 46 in Buttsville here is my email address sometime I don't always check this site since not to many guys are here. [email protected]

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I tried a couple of RTE's a couple of years ago at the Cabin in Howell and Pic-a-lilli's in Shamong. Both attempts got zero turnout. Both were on a Sat. maybe that had a negative impact.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I tried a couple of RTE's a couple of years ago at the Cabin in Howell and Pic-a-lilli's in Shamong. Both attempts got zero turnout. Both were on a Sat. maybe that had a negative impact.
The Cabin is a very nice place been there many a times. Unfortunately some people just talk about riding but there are some of us that do ride and I'm one of them happy to say, maybe one day we can ride on a Sunday and put some miles on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
flea market

I too love to ride to Jim Thorpe I usually stop at the old flea market off of 33 I forget the name and after that I continue onto Jim Thorpe and on the way back I stop at Hot Dog Jonneys on Rt. 46 in Buttsville here is my email address sometime I don't always check this site since not to many guys are here. [email protected]
the name is blue ridge

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks North Rider your right on the blue ridge my very dear friend owns the Riverton Motel in Bangor PA I stop there for his Sunday breakfast great place to eat and go for a ride afterwards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it is a weekend ride that your planning, I would be willing to meet you at either location, the Cabin or Pic-a-lilly. My week is clogged with work (AC airport) so, weekends are for riding. A couple of us make a crab cake run to different locations, Maryland, Virginia, or Delaware. We also make a few runs through the year to the infamous Shady Maple. I am planning a ride in May down to Florida. The thumb nail sketch is down through Delaware, across the Chesapeake bay Bridge and end up in Savannah, Ga for a couple of days. Head over to Pensacola for a day or two then turn back north. Ride the Cherehola (sp) Highway and the Tail of the Dragon and end up in Greensboro, NC for an extra long day. I will be leaving on Friday after Mother's Day and returning on Saturday before Memorial Day. Plenty of highway if you want to ride along....

hickory58

just outside Atlantic City

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
If it is a weekend ride that your planning, I would be willing to meet you at either location, the Cabin or Pic-a-lilly. My week is clogged with work (AC airport) so, weekends are for riding. A couple of us make a crab cake run to different locations, Maryland, Virginia, or Delaware. We also make a few runs through the year to the infamous Shady Maple. I am planning a ride in May down to Florida. The thumb nail sketch is down through Delaware, across the Chesapeake bay Bridge and end up in Savannah, Ga for a couple of days. Head over to Pensacola for a day or two then turn back north. Ride the Cherehola (sp) Highway and the Tail of the Dragon and end up in Greensboro, NC for an extra long day. I will be leaving on Friday after Mother's Day and returning on Saturday before Memorial Day. Plenty of highway if you want to ride along....

hickory58

just outside Atlantic City
Keep an eye out of a blue wing when on Cherehola and the Dragon some of the guys from Md and me will be down that way at that time for Scooters & Smokers in TN and two weeks after that we will be at Amish Road Apple ride Inn and we will be going to Shade maple too that weekend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey John,

When are you and your team heading out? I am planning on departing early morning, May 15th and returning the next Saturday. Mays Landing, NJ to Savannah, Ga. will be the first stop.

Ride safe
Henry

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts