Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All three

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about the members of this board and other groups they join.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i view the hrc as cheap insurance just in case i have a problem

i will keep the membership until the let me down

loren

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
You forgot one catagory. NONE

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm surprised at the low number of AMA members. Very low cost of membership, decent magazine, and they are there for us everytime some bored Washington type gets another "good" idea.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I belong to all three. GWRRA Lifetime Member, AMA Lifetime Member and HRCA for the past 10 years.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
I was AMA member untill at a rally I attended where Dunlop had donated a set of tires, AMA decided in order to promote AMA membership the winner of the tires would need to show proof of current AMA membership. Just didn't like seeing them use that tactic, that was one of the reasons I cancelled my membership. Does AMA do good for motorcycles? sure but

·
Registered
53 Posts
Of course I go the Honda membership with the bike and than I joined the Gwrra for two years. I will keep the Honda because of the roadside protection but the gwrra for me is a waste and a one shot only

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I'm also a member of the SCRC~~~~Southern Cruiser Riding Club, all bikes all riders (Ontario Chapter, Road Captain)

and the C.O.B.B .~~~~Crippled Old Biker Bastards, Society

There is only one requirement to get into COBB~~~you have to have crashed at some point in your motorcycling life~~~~ :shock: :shock: :crazy: :cus:

·
Registered
177 Posts
club membership

I belong to GWTA and HRCA

Dave and Bump Willenborg
GWTA Region C Board Member

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Lazyboy said:
I'm surprised at the low number of AMA members. Very low cost of membership, decent magazine, and they are there for us everytime some bored Washington type gets another "good" idea.
I did belong to AMA, but let my membership expire. I felt that they concentrated more on dirt and off-road biking, than on street riders.

·
Registered
379 Posts
In addition to GWRRA, there is GWTA and AGWA. The latter two groups are smaller than GWRRA, but sometimes that is a good thing.

BTW, I am a member of:

AMA
HRCA
GWRRA
AGWA

I find that I like AGWA better than GWRRA.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Looking at the poll I see only 7 people belong to the AMA. I think that is a shame, being a charter life member myself for a total of 34 years. The AMA has done more for motorcycling in general that the GWRRA has ever done. Check the record of AMA and how it has helped get roads, parks,etc for motorcycles that previously were banned to bikes. I don't recall anything the GWRRA did to better motorcycling, maybe to grab a little money from their members and give them a pin and membership card. I am not referring to insurance or towing service, because AMA offers that also. I mean legal issues. I can't believe that if it isn't Wing oriented, that many of you are not interested. If that is so , it seems very narrow minded. :roll:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gladiator, I think you forgot to count the 14 folks who belong to all three.

That makes 21 of 94 who belong to AMA - still not a great number, but still a good number.

Roy

·
Registered
979 Posts
Membership

:) GWRRA 12 years and AMA member 20 years, as for Honda riders Club Belonged for one year free membership when I bought the 1800, worthless in my opinion crappy magazine to,would not join again, just my opinion. :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ironbutt: You are corrected and I did over look the ones who belonged to all three. As you stated a better number, but still too small for all the good the AMA has done in the past to foster better biking equality. If I had to belong to just one I would choose the AMA hands down. Just my old opinion. :oops:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm with you Gladiator. I would belong to AMA even if I didn't own a motorcycle. They do more to protect the rights of motorcycle riders of all types than any other organization.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts