GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
California Highway Patrol officers found Johnson's motorcyle parked at a rest stop near the town of Mokelumne Hill in Calaveras County. The bike, discovered just after midnight Saturday, was found with Johnson's helmet and gloves, KCRA reported. His phone, laptop and backpack were found close to the nearby Mokelumne River, the news station reported.

Not a good sign finding his phone, laptop and backpack close to the river. I hope this ends well.

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Vendor
17,830 Posts
Prior to his bike being found, I was thinking he and the bike disappeared over a curvy edge like some on the Dragon.

Now that they found his bike, helmet, gloves, laptop, but not him, it sounds bad.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prior to his bike being found, I was thinking he and the bike disappeared over a curvy edge like some on the Dragon.

Now that they found his bike, helmet, gloves, laptop, but not him, it sounds bad.
Yes, that's exactly how my thought-process went. Probably all of us thought exactly the same things. I feel sorry for his partner. Not knowing is a kind of purgatory.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Update:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/us/missing-automotive-writer-trnd/index.html

What we guessed. Found him downstream. He hasn't been 100% positively, formally identified, but it's him. Don't yet have details as to what exactly might have happened, i.e. how he got into the river. Sad day.
Really sad. The streams are all crazy big this year due to all the snowmelt. I was fishing on the East side of the Sierras a couple of weeks ago and did not wade, just too dangerous where I was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts