GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rider Rally that was scheduled for April 17-19 at the Ventura CA Fairgrounds has been canceled due to the economy. The following is a message posted on the Rider Magazine forum. What a bummer, was looking forward to attending. :wrong:

Due to the current economic uncertainty, Rider Rally 35 scheduled for April 17-19 has been canceled for 2009. Timing is everything--while we believe that holding a Rider Rally is a good idea, 2009 just isn't the year to pursue it. Thanks to everyone who got behind the idea, and stay tuned--you never know what the future will bring!

-Editors

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump to the top for those that might have missed my update on the Rider Rally. :cry:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I missed this and found it on a search. What a disappointment.

I understand that the economy has taken a downturn but I don't understand how they know ahead of time that it will affect attendance. I never heard anything about sign ups. I suspect that it is more on an indication of the magazines problems than anything else.

Of course, I know that some cities and counties have raised fees substantially and I wonder if the cost of the fairgrounds and the cost of security etc played into the decision.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was really disappointed when I found out the Rider Rally was canceled. I attended a Rider Rally in the late 80's in Cody WY and had a great time. Sign of the times, and I'm sure more of this will be happening down the road with other events.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
GWRRA is having a rally that weekend in Las Vegas, NV.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Don't forget your Clown outfits -- or is it Square Dance?

All the special guests Stay and eat free :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts