GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed a fellow friday that appeared to be very new to motorcycles.

He was riding a Kawasaki, I am not sure what model, although it was not a sport bike. He had a quality scooter jacket on , gloves, with regular blue jeans, an Arai helmet

He was sitting on the bike like there was a 2x4 up his butt and he seemed afraid to lean the bike in any turns or curves. I am sure y'all have seen the folks that can turn a motorcycle without leaning more than 1/2 a degree into a turn.

I followed him several miles and he often looked in his mirror at me when we were stopped. I hope he does well, he is very careful at this point.

In high school I rode a 1971 Honda SL350 that I bought new. A riding buddy rode a 175cc bike. He always put his foot down in every turn. I often pointed out that a rut or something else in the road was going to grab his foot one day and ...... I don't know if he found a rut. I lost track of the guy after graduation

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Tony,

I had one of those 350SL's. What a fun bike. I used to ride it to death on and off road. Many great memories with that bike. I am sure the Jack Rabbits in Idaho are glad that I don't have that bike any more...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I still have a CB350. It is in my basement torn down to a bare frame. I have had it for a couple years now. I have put about 2500 miles on it since I got it. It lost a cylinder last summer. I am waiting for my mechanic to overhaul the top end. I decided to go ahead and put in new swingarm bushings along with a minor frame up restoration.

I am not into building trailer queens, but I do have a few older bikes. One I have I have had all the chrome redone and several other things done to it. It is a 1977 CB400F. It only has 7100 miles on it.

I enjoy them almost as much as the 1800. I started riding 4 years ago and I guess I am trying out a second childhood :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had a '69 model CL-350. That was a great bike. Not as fast as the Yamaha 350s (they were 2 strokes) but a really nice ride. The street scrambler was neat.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another buddy of mine rode his dads Honda 350 scrambler. One night we were headed into a closed parking garage to fart around in. he did NOT see the chain across the entrance.

the chain took him right off the bike. i thought he was dead.

he got up, rubbed his neck , coughed a few times and we were off to some place else

1 - 6 of 6 Posts