GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm either anti-chrome or lots of chrome.
My '03 has moderatly amount of chrome, so I think a little is ok in the right spots.
My question is with chrome on dash side panels, front fairing, break and clutch covers,
(which I don't have either), is there a reflection problem in your eyes with chrome in those areas on sunny days?

Cheers !

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My cockpit looks like this - no blinding or adverse reflections, but there again I live in the UK and the sun can be a bit of a rarity sometimes.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Had an 03 that had most of the stuff that dellwood03 has on his, the Texas Sun was a pain, it even got me at night if the wife was riding close, I removed it all and have to say I could really tell the difference. My 05 has NO Chrome except for the Cobra pipes and I can not see them while riding.
My vote is I like chrome but not on my Wing. :flg: :croc: :biker: :croc: :flg:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I, also, have all that chrome but with a Tulsa windshield. It all reflects on the windshield but I wear a real dark face shield on my Nolan flip up and it takes a lot of the reflection away. One of these days I'll get tired of it and take some of it off.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I loveeee chromeeee . Think how that would look with a black 1800. Man oh man. I get excited just lookin at it. Hook that ride up. If your haveing issues with the sun.....COOL. U got chrome. Go get you some GOOD shades. I have Coastadelmars. They cut out everything. I dont squint at all in the sun.

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
mudbug said:
Had an 03 that had most of the stuff that dellwood03 has on his, the Texas Sun was a pain, it even got me at night if the wife was riding close, I removed it all and have to say I could really tell the difference. My 05 has NO Chrome except for the Cobra pipes and I can not see them while riding.
My vote is I like chrome but not on my Wing. :flg: :croc: :biker: :croc: :flg:
:D LIMNCS

·
Registered
244 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: Dont like chrome ? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Just feast your eyes upon that black 1800 right above you. Man thats sweet. How can you not like chrome ? Chrome rules baby :lol:

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
G Funk you like chrome so much. Do you chrome your car? Why not??????

·
Registered
244 Posts
HEY ! I have a truck. Yep. And it's black. Got chrome also. But I really like chrome on my bike. Nothing like black and chrome. Im already trying to find someone that can paint some ghost flames on my new bike. I would love to trick it out. Im interest in watching those heads turn when I go to Daytona. Those black 1800's really stand out. Reluctantly on the highway all one can see is a black blur going by. You guy's really run on the road. Harley runs around 65 to 70mph most times as I’ve found. So I would guess I would like as much chrome on my 1800 so they can see a little FLASH as I go by. LOL

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
With "Chrome" in the title, I had to chime in. At one time or other, I've had just about every piece of chrome made for the GL1800. I've never had a problem with sun reflection. There's nothing like a nice piece of chrome, to brighten up the blahs. Now add a few hundred LED's to the mix, & you've got a rolling Christmas ornament. :wink:

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
G-Funk said:
Nothing like black and chrome.
:eek:4:

G-Funk said:
Those black 1800's really stand out. Reluctantly on the highway all one can see is a black blur going by. You guy's really run on the road.
Why thank you very much !! :lol: 8)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man your bike is sweet. Especially with that black suit your waring. I envy you. You just wait.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Is your new bike black?

Sorry, I'm an anti-chromer. Black also looks good blacked out!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
G-Funk said:
HEY ! I have a truck. Yep. And it's black. Got chrome also. But I really like chrome on my bike. Nothing like black and chrome. Im already trying to find someone that can paint some ghost flames on my new bike. I would love to trick it out. Im interest in watching those heads turn when I go to Daytona. Those black 1800's really stand out. Reluctantly on the highway all one can see is a black blur going by. You guy's really run on the road. Harley runs around 65 to 70mph most times as I’ve found. So I would guess I would like as much chrome on my 1800 so they can see a little FLASH as I go by. LOL
I see the current bid on your Big Dog is only $11,100
So much for those ghost flames.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
My '03 has moderatly amount of chrome, so I think a little is ok in the right spots.
My question is with chrome on dash side panels, front fairing, break and clutch covers,
(which I don't have either), is there a reflection problem in your eyes with chrome in those areas on sunny days?

Cheers !
A friend of mine who is gay owns a gold wing and has chrome everywhere on his bike. I know when we ride together I can see that sometimes he gets glare into his eyes. I don't know if this can be dangerous, but he as already crashed once because he said he couldn't see the curve in the road. I guess you could always wear welding goggles if it bothered you to much.

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
azblackbird said:
Wi_Winger said:

Cheers !
A friend of mine who is gay owns a gold wing and has chrome everywhere on his bike. I know when we ride together I can see that sometimes he gets glare into his eyes. I don't know if this can be dangerous, but he as already crashed once because he said he couldn't see the curve in the road. I guess you could always wear welding goggles if it bothered you to much.
"a friend of mine who is gay" and " has chrome everywhere"--"we ride together"--"sometimes he gets glare in his eyes"

I CANT STOP LAUGHING. IS THERE A LINK? ONLY THE CHROMERS KNOW

·
Registered
244 Posts
Of all my years of riding and having chrome has it EVER blinded me. It hurt my pocketbook, but not me. May be YOUR gay friend should stop lookin at you and watch where hes going next time. :lol: . LOL

BLKO4WNG. Will no one come out to play with you ? You seem to be on the edge with me. Just because its up to $11.000 on only day three doesnt mean anything. Theres three days left. When you go to an auction do you bid everything a week before. You wait till the last day. I've got a lot of e-mails on that bike and two guys coming over to see it.
BUT YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT DID YOU. Now lets play nice. As for the ghose flames. dont you think it would look tricked out ? Im beginning to see some pretty tricked out 1800's lately and they look good. ALL I KNOW IS WHEN I LOVE MY WIFE I GIVE HER SHINEY THINGS FROM THAT CROOK AT THE JEWELRY SHOP. I LOVE MY BIKE I WILL GIVE HER SHINEY THINGS ALSO. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts