GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some advice about good Weatherproof riding boots that can be used to walk and ride with comfort. I currently have some heavy HD riding boots that are OK when riding, but for walking they are too stiff. I have been looking at some Alpinestar boots like Fastback WP shoe or CR-4 Goretex XCR. Any suggestions from guys/gals riding Goldwings would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I am using SIDI On Road GORE-TEX. Waterproof and comfortable.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I am looking for some advice about good Weatherproof riding boots that can be used to walk and ride with comfort. I currently have some heavy HD riding boots that are OK when riding, but for walking they are too stiff. I have been looking at some Alpinestar boots like Fastback WP shoe or CR-4 Goretex XCR. Any suggestions from guys/gals riding Goldwings would be appreciated.
Red Wing 8" water proof work boots. They're not goofy looking, and are comfortable. They're real men's boots, no sissy zippers or velcro fasteners. I have the model 914.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Easy on. Easy off. Feet dry right out after any rain. Comfortable to walk in. Open construction allows greatest airflow across toes to wick away moisture. Inexpensive. ;)

teva.jpg
What more could you ask for? :twisted:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I am using SIDI On Road GORE-TEX. Waterproof and comfortable.
I have had a pair of those for 4 years now and have walked for as much as a mile at a time with no discomfort. Most times I walk from the hotel to a place to eat to exercise my legs after a long day riding.

I got them on a Friday, wore them for 3 hours in the house to break them in, then left for a 5000 mile trip out West. They really don't need to be broke in though.

Rode 500 miles in a VERY heavy rain last April from Detroit area to the Tennessee Lunch Run with no problems and my feet were not sweaty because of the Gore-Tex breatheability.

They are tall enough to protect shins from the engine heat on a hot day.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/18400/i/sidi-on-road-gore-tex-boots?WT.mc_id=80004&zmac=6&zmas=1&zmam=20213228&zmap=SIT-ORG-BKBK-50&SiteID=CSE_PriceGrabber_18400

Watch the video

gramps

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I have some pretty comfy boots; but I frequently carry a pair of comfy shoes to put on if I'm going to walk a lot.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I own two pair of Alpinestars now and have owned a few pair previously and really like them.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I own two pair of Alpinestars now and have owned a few pair previously and really like them.
I just recently bought the CR-4 Goretex XCR

I really like them. They are light, and comfortable for walking around. I have not had the opportunity to test out how they do in rain, but I would definitely buy them again. Word of warning though. If you get the 'Arthricite Red', they are NOT red. They are more of a Caltrans safety orange. I would buy them again, and recommend them. They squeak a little, but I wear them all day in comfort and would wear them on a hike as well without fear of discomfort.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Love my Redwings too but they are pricey. For the best bang for your buck look at Magnum. They have several models that are water proof and they only run a bit over $100. I wear them when I travel for the water protection, how light they are, and so comfy to walk in. I have done miles and all day walks in mine.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Been using Tourmaster Solutions for a number of years. Great for riding and easy to walk in when we're visiting sites or teaching on the range.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Huh?

Google Sidi On Roads and tell me that MINE with your so called sissy zippers and velcro fasteners are not real men's boots. Give me a 'friggin break.

Red Wing 8" water proof work boots. They're not goofy looking, and are comfortable. They're real men's boots, no sissy zippers or velcro fasteners. I have the model 914.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i wear hiking boots, they protect my feet and ankles, (been down twice, once sheered off the lace hooks and stayed on my feet), they are light and comfortable. i can stop and hike around the areas and hop back on and ride on down the road.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Here's all you need: Wolverine Dura Shock GoreTEX waterproof 10 inch Welingtons. Model #WO2570
http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/8276M/10021/Mens/DuraShocks-Slip-Resistant-Gore-Tex-Waterproof-10-inch-Wellington-Work-Boot?dimensions=0

I just bought a second pair. Had the first pair about 12 years. It is comfortable from Day1, and it will definitely keep your feet dry as a bone. You can wear it all day walking and riding. I have been in some bad rain storms that lasted most of the day and my feet stayed dry.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
What gets along with my feet might not get along with yours. You really should try several. Slip-ons arew a no no, as are boots that do not provide ankle protection.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've got a pair of redwings when it is cold, and a pair of original swat lowtops when it is hot to breath. The swat's have those sissy zippers in it, and I love those. I do have to say though, zippers can fail, so it is a point of failure. My last pair of boots had a zipper go, but the soles were pretty much gone too at that point.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts