GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
There are a couple of ways of going about this: More or less permanent which entails cutting and soldering a couple of wires . . . . or . . . . switchable (for the less than 100% decided) . . . . the attached covers both methods.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My first question is, do both wheels HAVE TPMS sensors in them? I had three sets of wheels for my 2012. Some of them had the sensors, while others did not. As I swapped wheels for various reasons, I gave up on trying to handle the TPMS sensor light, because I never knew if I had the sensors on either wheel, or not.

Joe

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
My first question is, do both wheels HAVE TPMS sensors in them? I had three sets of wheels for my 2012. Some of them had the sensors, while others did not. As I swapped wheels for various reasons, I gave up on trying to handle the TPMS sensor light, because I never knew if I had the sensors on either wheel, or not.

Joe

Yup, each wheel has its own sensor. If either one of the sensors has an issue (or is missing) the TPMS Light comes on. Then you get to guess which wheel has the low tire pressure and/or failing battery. It's both useful AND it's annoying!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
When I was running a CT a piece of black tape worked well

Reactions: Barney Biker 1

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Call CSC trikes. I don't have the number anymore but you can look it up. They sell a TPMS disabler for $45 and they will send you one. Easy install. Just plug and go. No more light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts