GL1800Riders Forums banner

Morally and / or Ethically wrong to ride during coronavirus pandemic ?

• yes

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • no

Votes: 74 70.5%
  • under certain circumstances or allowances

Votes: 16 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Point of fact - it is illegal in the UK, as that article clearly states. Maybe it isn't in the USA yet, but it wasn't here either two weeks ago.
Matt--I know you're hearts in the right place. Thanks for the heads up. When the guidelines change here, we'll adapt. We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
  • Maybe all the experts are wrong, but it takes quite the ego to say "I, Random Internet Forum Man, know more about how to save lives during an epidemic than epidemiologists, public health leaders, etc. and I think motorcycling is the right thing to do whatever they say."
  • If I'm wrong about this, I miss out on a few riding days; if you're wrong about this, you are risking the lives of others.
Coming from dealing with environmental work guidelines in my past working life, I dealt with a lot of chemicals that you deal in PPM and PPB (parts per million and parts per billion). We have a LOT of workplace items that will pollute air and water in PPB that is known to be bad for the human body. MSDS is a never ending supply of reading that is KNOWN to cause bodily injury in VERY small amounts. Cov19 has a surrounding protective layer that allows it to survive a long time outside the human body. It's highly infectious!

I feel if I ride, I'm being selfish toward my fellow man. It's not all about me. I'm sending the wrong signal to other people who see me riding and then they may think if he doesn't care, why should I?

Plus the accidents can happen anywhere statement is hard to accept. We ALL know riding a MC anytime brings a higher percentage of risk than walking to the mailbox.

If I was a doctor and the choice was a ventilator for a Cov19 and someone injured in a MC crash? The Cov19 gets the ventilator every time.

It's sunny and 73 degrees here today. But I'm not riding.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If you're on some sort of crusade, sorry it's not going to work.
Situations are different all over the world and so are lockdown protocols.

Because someone does something different than what you believe is right........does not make it illegal, immoral, or unethical.
Be happy with your decision and move on, stop trying to push it on others continually......
Point of fact - it is illegal in the UK, as that article clearly states. Maybe it isn't in the USA yet, but it wasn't here either two weeks ago.

Anyway, wasn't intending to comment again so you have your wish. Only reason I did was the timing of me seeing that news report made me think of this thread.
I don't live in the UK, so stop pushing your crusade on those that don't have a legal, ethical, or moral issue with riding at this time.
What is right for you, is not necessarily right for the rest of the world......you seriously need to let it go.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.