GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new friend or friends to ride locally with. I don't care what they ride either. Preferably retired that likes to get out 2 or 3 times a week anywhere from 40 miles to 275 miles in a day approximately. I don't mind riding about anywhere but my preferences are south of I70 anywhere from western Ohio to northern Kentucky but mostly southern Indiana below I70. Don't care much for Illinois but who knows. Longest ride lately was last June, 1500 miles through the Smokies. Yeah...I rode the Dragon too...twice. I'm in Hamilton County but live on SR13 on the north edge of Lapel just outside town at 196th and SR!3 to be exact. I'm 73 (but don't let that fool you) since I love riding hills and curves. I have an '08 Black Wing 2 wheeler and an Orange Wing Trike. I like taking coffee breaks and just having fun. I probably know every McDonalds within 100 miles of here. They do have good coffee and drinks too especially the 49-59 cent senior coffee's. I lost my best friend on 10-10-10 and I don't care much about riding by myself. He and I logged thousands of miles together on the road and in the dirt (ran a lot of enduros in the past) and always had a great time. Anyone around Noblesville, Anderson, Pendleton, Fortville, Indy area and a hundred small towns around here I don't remember. Somewhere we could link up easily in 15-20 miles or so from my location would be great. A lot of times I'd ride to MC shops around to look at the goodies on the floor and that may be all I would do that day. Right now the bikes pretty much sit in the garage. I suppose I'm not a loner and never have been and the thought has crossed my mind several times to just get rid of them but somehow I just can't bring myself to do that just yet. Like, I ain't done riding by a long shot quite yet but would like a buddy or 2 or 3 or 4 or(?)to ride with on local trips. Makes riding a lot, and I do mean a lot, more enjoyable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am not retired yet but, I do live almost straight south (ssw) of you (south of I-70 even). I have been past your house many times in the past 10 years. My in-laws have a house straight up 13 on one of the lake Wawasee canals.

If you are heading south of I-70 anyway, let me know and I will see if I can ride along. :thumbup:

Andy

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not retired yet but, I do live almost straight south (ssw) of you (south of I-70 even). I have been past your house many times in the past 10 years. My in-laws have a house straight up 13 on one of the lake Wawasee canals.

If you are heading south of I-70 anyway, let me know and I will see if I can ride along. :thumbup:

Andy
PM sent.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
677 Posts
I live up North here in Syracuse & I have been by your place a lot too, go down 13 to I69 to get into Indy insead of 37 to the parking lot in Fishers. Not retired yet.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
104 Posts
New friends

Sorry to hear you lost your riding buddy. I often ride out of New Palestine south to find the curves and hills. Im not retired yet but I managed to ride 17k last year, so as you see I get around a little lol. I will PM you to get a phone #. Im sure we will connect sometime. Good day. Russ

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Russ. Maybe we can do that sometime soon. Thanks to all who replied and as a result I'm meeting some new friends and good people.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
A little too far for me to drop in, but if you want to talk on the radio some time...

73's de Mike KO9I

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Hey, it's Dawg. I am still around! Give me a call and we can ride. As you know my Mate goes most everywhere I go so, maybe you and yours can take a "Run to the River" and have lunch on the Ohio with us?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, it's Dawg. I am still around! Give me a call and we can ride. As you know my Mate goes most everywhere I go so, maybe you and yours can take a "Run to the River" and have lunch on the Ohio with us?
That's a possibility Dawg. The wife won't ride on the 2 wheeler (scared of them) but will on the trike except right now her right hip is bothering her pretty bad so if we go It'll probably be just me.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A little too far for me to drop in, but if you want to talk on the radio some time...

73's de Mike KO9I
Used to have a full station Kenwood with a quad until the wind damaged it and up went a Mosley tribander on a 75 ft tower. Had slow scan, 2kw kicker, cw, phone patch, ie: the works but as for now only have a 2 meter rig left and don't use it much anymore. Thanks anyway for the thought. 73's

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
WE are Retired and Riding...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/retired_riding/

9:30 AM - WE ride out of Wendy's in Miamitown in SW Ohio every Tuesday and Steak and Shake in SE Indiana - Lawrenceburg on Thursday.

See the link -

We do ride in SE Indiana and N Kentucky - You are invited to join us when ever you can!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts