GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

Can anyone recommend a good pair of wet weather riding gloves? I have been told of a model that has a "wiper blade" built into the index finger of each hand, to clear rain off your visor. Can't find a pair, and I'm tired of cold, wet hands and difficulty seeing through the raindrops in Michigan.

Captain D

G

·
Although they look kinda dorky, I found a pair if blue rubber gloves that are terry lined at a local "farm" store. They are "Wells Lamont PVC Coated." I used them several times last Summer during heavy rains and my hands stayed warm and dry. However, as soon as the sun came out, they got really hot and I stopped to take them and my raingear off.

I always have several types of gloves with me so its easy to change based on temp and conditions. As for the rain on my visor, I wipe my visor with Plexus and all I do is get my head above the windshield into the airstream and the water blows right off. Works like RainX only its safe for plastics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a set of the joe rocket gloves. They have been great here in southwest WA. they are water proof and have the little squegee on the left thumb, and it works!!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Most waterproof gloves bind or are tight and cramp your hands.
Here's a really good pair that won't do that:

* Palm constructed of soft water-repellent goatskin
* Back is built of stretch fabric (92% nylon, 8% polyurethane) with leather patches
* 3M Scotchlite® reflectives
* Gore-Tex® gloves with X-Trafit™ fabric technology extra-durable breathable waterproof membrane
* Pique Push Pull lining in 100% polyester
* Adjustable Velcro wrist and cuff straps
* Visor wiper
Held Glove at New Enough

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a pair of Held "Steve" gloves and I wear Aerostich Triple Digit Rain Covers over them:
it is possible to enjoy warm, dry hands while being plastered and hammered and hosed. The ripstop nylon laminated fabric breathes enough during rain conditions so your skin won’t become clammy. Breathability also makes them useful as a colder weather over-glove. They allow a secure grip when used over your regular (crash protective) gloves. Gloved hands slide easily in so you are not fighting to stretch them on. They pack very small, so you’ll always have them ready. The ripstop nylon fabric is thin and won’t cramp your hands. The hook & loop wrist cinches are ergonomically reversed and easier to use. Oversize gauntlets feature an elastic drawcord which cinches with tethered cordlocks. There’s Scotchlite reflective on the outside of the gauntlets for nighttime hand signaling. M, L and XL
Check out all the gloves and related gizmos from Aerostich Motorcycle Wearhouse

·
Registered
917 Posts
I bought some ACERBIS MOTO GEAR mittens last year for a long trip. I bought them for rain but was getting cold and decided to put them on over my gloves. They're just vinyl with a non-slip palm pads. I was amazed how warm they kept my hands. They completely block the wind and keep the heat from seeping out of your gloves. Same for my boot covers. Forget where I got them, but they are like vinyl booties that go over your riding boots. They have elastic top and bottom that wraps around your boot sole so you don't actually walk on the vinyl and keeps the rain off your boots. My feet were getting cold around 38 degrees or so and when I put them on my feet warmed back up. It's like a windbreaker for your hands and feet. Double duty, cold over covers and rainproof too.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I have no idea of the brand, but I bought a pair of gloves from Academy Sports that are wind and waterproof (and really are). They are not leather, but some kind of material that has insulate in them and seem to be good down to the mid-40s for warmth. One of the best $25 I've spent on motorcycle gear. Find them in the glove section and think they may be primarily for skiing.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
21,093 Posts
best summer rain glove i have seen and they are on sale now !
http://www.tonker.com/store/master_glove.html
they have the rain squeegee and it works great
very good dexterity
sure like mine !

have always wanted to try on a pair of those Held gloves that everyone raves about but the only place i have ever seen them is on the internet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts