GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making this a seperate post because I live in Phoenix and we hold the orientation for Hell here.

I've ridden home on my (previous) Hayabusa and my Casio G-shock thermometer watch registered (no lie) 139.5 across my wrist. Anyone living here will tell you that's possible at 3PM in July/August .

The wing has been fabulous. I do believe however that the passenger gets more blow back heat from the radiators than the rider. But they are further back so I dunno.

I will add at this point that I admit to being perhaps the HUGEST cold weather p*ssy to ever grace this board. I cannot imagine riding in some of the weather I hear you guys ride in. 8)

I also can't imagine NOT being able to ride all year long. It's true that Dec-Feb is iffy, but we enjoy the best riding weather outside of San Diego.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
dangerdave said:
I am making this a seperate post because I live in Phoenix and we hold the orientation for Hell here.

I've ridden home on my (previous) Hayabusa and my Casio G-shock thermometer watch registered (no lie) 139.5 across my wrist. Anyone living here will tell you that's possible at 3PM in July/August .

The wing has been fabulous. I do believe however that the passenger gets more blow back heat from the radiators than the rider. But they are further back so I dunno.

I will add at this point that I admit to being perhaps the HUGEST cold weather p*ssy to ever grace this board. I cannot imagine riding in some of the weather I hear you guys ride in. 8)

I also can't imagine NOT being able to ride all year long. It's true that Dec-Feb is iffy, but we enjoy the best riding weather outside of San Diego.
I ride most all year long.. only times I won't leave to go riding -- if its raining or real cold... (to me thats in the low 40's or anywhere in the 30's)
We have a 12 month riding season.. but I must admit this January
I have ridden the least since I can remember.. (mostly because of the rain)

cosmic

·
Registered
33 Posts
Phx

I can remember sitting stuck in traffic on bell rd in august last year.
No guage but geez it was hot.
Driving to work on bell road a couple of days ago the wing said it was 36degrees.
Both extremes in phoenix.
I can remember also many years ago coming down in late morning on a sunny day from prescott to phoenix and staying too long.
I was riding a 305dream at the time.
I started back up the hill, and by the time I hit cordes, I was in trouble, only had a t shirt on and the temp drop was something.
I didn't know what hypothermia was at the time. When I got home it was about 20 minutes in a hot batch before I stopped shaking.
It is easy to get both extremes in arizona on the same day

·
Registered
562 Posts
I ride in NW Florida, and before the Wing I would watch the temp, and not ride when below 45. Now, with the Wing..I ride below 40...and will ride colder if needed!
Great bike, great features...ride-on!

·
Registered
261 Posts
yes it gets hot sitting in traffic or in town, going down the road its ok. their is only so many places that hot air can go when its all covered up. just watch your temp guage.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Went through your area last August on my UC, now that was HOT!!!!!!!

It was 118 in AZ and a sand storm to boot..... :crew:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

OKAY for the record since it's come up a few times here....my tagline means I hardly ever get to ride. It's a PLAY ON WORDS! I used to have 5 bikes I never rode, now I only have the 06 wing I bought in May of 06 and it only has 4000 miles on it.

THAT'S because I am not retired or 110 years old like most Wingers and I have my computer consulting practice to run. In 20 years I'll be 63 and ready to join the rest of the board. HAHAHA :lol:

Anyway GOD bless Arizona riding. It's 61 in my back yard at this second.

·
Registered
280 Posts
dangerdave wrote:
I ride more miles in a year than most people do in a month.

Johnbo wrote: Huh?

Dreamcatcher wrote: Whadaya expect from someone who's brain has been fried at (139.5) ?
DC

Now thats funny no matter who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: .

dangerdave said:
OKAY for the record since it's come up a few times here....my tagline means I hardly ever get to ride. It's a PLAY ON WORDS! I used to have 5 bikes I never rode, now I only have the 06 wing I bought in May of 06 and it only has 4000 miles on it.

THAT'S because I am not retired or 110 years old like most Wingers and I have my computer consulting practice to run. In 20 years I'll be 63 and ready to join the rest of the board. HAHAHA :lol:

Anyway GOD bless Arizona riding. It's 61 in my back yard at this second.
Ah, thanks Dave... it makes perfect sense now. If it makes you feel any better I bought my 05 Wing in May of 05 and I have 4000 miles on it. And I AM retired. :(

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I am not retired .. and I own and work in a cabinet shop... i put 61K miles on my 02 GL1800 in 3 years.. my 05 has just a tad over 20K miles
since Sept 05..
So just go out and ride..

cosmic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts