GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm up in Jersey just outside of NYC helping my stepdaughter move up here. As I was driving around the Ridgefield area, just southeast of Hackensack, I was thinking how I could never ride a Wing around here. There's ruts and holes in the road that swallow small cars, let alone motorcycles.

The roads are terrible! How many of you live and ride up here???

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are some very beautiful roads around too, you just have to know where to find them. I ride in the NYC metro area every day and head to the hills of Jersey, Southern New York State and Eastern PA every weekend.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I live in eastern PA. and I always head for the western part of NJ and points north.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Go for a ride out in Northwest Jersey in Hunterdon, Warren and Sussex Counties. Beautiful country and good roads! You will easily see why NJ is called the "Garden State".

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I too love riding Hunterdon Co. and Bucks Co. pa Rt32 along the Del.River is a nice ride.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Lots of good riding in NJ

Lots of bad riding too

Just like any other part of the US....good roads and bad roads

However NJ does have the SUV driving, makeup applying, BlackBerry texting, late to wherever she is going, soccer moms. They are a dangerous species and seem to prey upon motorcyclists.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Lots of good riding in NJ

Lots of bad riding too

Just like any other part of the US....good roads and bad roads

However NJ does have the SUV driving, makeup applying, BlackBerry texting, late to wherever she is going, soccer moms. They are a dangerous species and seem to prey upon motorcyclists.
LOL,not so much where I've been riding

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yep. Used to be people weaving, driving erratic were drunk. Now they are texting. I hate it. Agreed on all comments made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts